The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

18mm f/2.0 T/2.3 Cooke Speed Panchro III on G1

djonesii

Workshop Member
Beautiful shot, Dave,

What do you mean by "zoom", made with a zoom lens or a detail of a shot with the same Wollensak? I assume that the Wollensak does not cover the whole sensor, or am I wrong?

Interesting what you say about CV, that would be good news, although by now I have practically all I need, except an extreme wide angle (Olympus 9-18?)

Cheers
Peter
Peter;

Zoom was a very poor choice of words. Sorry about that, that picture of the yellow part of the flower is about a 100% CROP of the first image. You are right, there is no zoom at all. The focus was on the yellow part. If you follow the link, there is a comparison of the same crop from the kit lens. For all practical purposes, I see very little difference between the two crops, while the lens gives a very different look to the photos.

I would love to get this lens on a smaller body!

The 1.9 version of the raptar may cover the whole frame, but as you stop down, the 1.5 looses corner coverage.

Dave