The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kern Macro Switar 75mm f/1.9

U

UAx66

Does this lens need machining for the G1? I know the non-macro is fine but there is no information about the compatibility of the macro 1.9/75 and the available c-m4/3 adapters.

M

milapse

Does this lens need machining for the G1? I know the non-macro is fine but there is no information about the compatibility of the macro 1.9/75 and the available c-m4/3 adapters.
I don't think so... I'll have one in hand soon so I'll add that info to the list.

apicius9

I don't think so... I'll have one in hand soon so I'll add that info to the list.
Please let us know when you get it. I was weak, just picked one up at ebay, just when I had decided I was done buying... But mine will take a while to get here.

Stefan

H

honpan

Very impressive. I wonder if this lens would cover full-frame. I intend to modify it and use it on Leica M.

Photomorgana

Hi everyone,
No machining necessary. In fact I have used and still using all Kern Switar lenses from 18mm to 180mm and non of them needed any machining. (not all lenses entirely cover sensor, but that no big deal for me) 26, 50 and 75 are my favorite. I also tried most Yvars and pizars and they worked great too with good image quality.
attached a pix with 75mm f1.9 on G1 with Hawks old adapter. (new works too and RJ adapter is fine as well)