The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

8mm f/2.8 Stilar in C-mount

M

milapse

Ahh nice find! Looks interesting but I'm going to guess it won't fit the adapters without some modification (I scaled the diagram properly and measured the flange):

Any idea how much it costs and where it can be found??

Any idea how much it costs and where it can be found??
From what is said on the web site, this lens does not seem to be in production or for sale to the public yet.

Interesting facts about the company: it is the maker of the TEVIDON brand lenses and is based in Wetzlar. Among the shareholders: Rodenstock, Bosch and Hella. In 1991 it acquired part of Carl Zeiss Jena

Last edited:

monza

Very interesting. A superwide that could actually cover the sensor. But it does appear surgery would be necessary, maybe a c-mount adapter with the outside ring removed would work...

pentacon6

Really worth a try, if it is not as much as the Schneider Xenoplan, 1.3" sensor coverage for 24/28/50mm. Almost the same value of Leica.

V

Vivek

Wouldn't the rear elements hit the shutter?

That would make the whole trial that much more expensive!

pentacon6

Just got an official reply from Doctor optics. The 8mm lens costs 1,900 Euro.
Other Tevidon lenses cost about 350 Euro, from 10 - 35mm. But they might not be able to cover 1.3" sensor.

Just go dreaming for it, ar ha...

Photomorgana

I am afraid the surgery might not work on this lens.
The elements of wide angle lens are at the very back of the lens. There might not be enough room to operate.

R

Ranger 9

This lens would be more appealing if it weren't only one stop faster than the more versatile Panasonic 7-14 f/4... not that either of them is exactly easy to find in the real world!