The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A crazy product with a crazy price

pentacon6

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-Summicron-...|66:5|65:12|39:2|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

Lens Summicron 2/35mm Tilt Shift f Panasonic G1 :eek:

I quite appreciate the creator dare to sacrifice a Leica Lens (you know, Leica is to keep well not to modify as usual). And the whole setting is inspiring.

I always wonder there should be a tilt shift adapter for G1 that almost all lens whatever for 35mm or APS-C can be used as the image circle is able to cover the sensor. Of course, problems are the limited working space since there is just 2cm space (the length of MA-1 4/3 to M4/3 ring) to make such a complex mechanism. May be just single function of tilt or shift is possible.

Although Lensbaby is already available for such kind of job but it is not as seriou as tilt shift system for architecture. If there is one, the contribution should be greater than a MA-1 subsidise. :rolleyes:

P

pix2pixels

If only Santa had elves like you

Elf,
You are the Maaaan!
If Santa only had elves like you!
This rig deserves an award!

Diane B

That's pretty amazing. I really like shooting with a TS. My 45 TS may be my favorite lens for my 5D. Looking at this, I know that I'll never be shooting with TS with the G1 LOL.

Diane

R

Ranger 9

It's not so hard if you're using medium-format or large-format lenses with a long back focus distance, as in elf's fabulous rig.

What's amazing about the Polish Summicron conversion is that he was able to design a tilt/shift mechanism that would work with a short-focal-length, short-back-focus lens.

pentacon6

Actually 2cm is a lot of space. It shouldn't be too hard to build a tilt/shift mechanism to fit. If you don't want to DIY, here's a link to commercial T/S adaptors: http://www.stitchpix.com/options.html

I built front and back movements into my pano head and can do up to 30 degrees tilt and/or swing at infinity focus and a Mamiya 645 lens and e330 body.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v649/etfrench/Spherical Pano Head/?albumview=slideshow
Thanks for you sharing, Elf. As I know the most economic shift adapter is mainly for P6 to other MF 645 camera or 135. Since the focal length of MF lens is too long for G1 that limited the usage of landscape shooting. Thus, 135 tilt / shift is preferred. I have seen one from Jin Ron's adapter fit with a Olympus 17mm shift lens. I want it deadly! If there is one for Voigtlander 15mm or 12mm, I will scream.

apicius9

That contraption looks really impressive, but I have no idea what it's good for. Could someone please explain that in 2 sentences and/or point me to a source? Thanks,

Stefan

P

pix2pixels

There are some Russian made tilt and tilt/shift adapters: Arax, Arsat, SuperRotator.
They use medium format lenses (Mamiya, Kiev, Pentacon Six) 35mm and 80mm.

E

elf

That contraption looks really impressive, but I have no idea what it's good for. Could someone please explain that in 2 sentences and/or point me to a source? Thanks,

Stefan
:salute:

It does super macro to infinity spherical, lenticular, and orthographic panoramas and has geared movements. With medium format and also Nikon lens it will focus to infinity. The medium format lens at infinity can have 30+ degrees of tilt and swing. Oops that's three sentences :)