Has everyone seen this post on '1001 Noisy Cameras'?
The amusing Japanese-to-Googlish translation from the original digitalcamera.jp posting states:
Half-size SLR "PEN" philosophy of the "Eye MAIKUROFOSAZU a" June 15, said. 7 The two weeks to launch
- Olympus 2009 3 Kikukawa, president of his earnings in the quarter, "an eye MAIKUROFOSAZU" release time and date of sale, and introduce the concept.
- "An eye MAIKUROFOSAZU" a June 15 release date. 7 weeks of release in February.
- The emphasis on MAIKUROFOSAZU, video projects.
- MAIKUROFOSAZU machine is "half-size camera-silver-age" PEN "inherited the concept of want. PEN Olympus camera with a philosophy of".
- "Compact camera users will have the strength to use a digital SLR percent. High prices, heavy large, do not step up to digital SLR because they are complicated to use. To expand the target of this "notice.
- President Kikukawa at earnings, the appearance of a mock-up presentation, "I think that is a little DASAI." "This is not the final version, changes considerably," suggesting a change in the design and appearance.
Monday June 15. 7 The two week sale.
Then again, maybe someone who actually reads Japanese can look at the original page and make better sense of it. Am I correct in thinking MAIKUROFOSAZU is a Japanese rendering of "Micro Four Thirds"...?