The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

V

Vivek

Thanks again, Keith. This is also a few months old. Reprocessed recently.

(the boy with his pet- his father was nearby and allowed me to take the photo)

Brian Mosley

Playing with pretty low light, grainy B&W filter...

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/25s f/1.2 iso320

Keep these coming everyone, excellent thread!

Kind Regards

Brian

V

Vivek

Thanks, Brian! :)

I like the charcoal sketch look. Perhaps, if the OOF left part of the frame is darkened a bit, it may get punchier.

Keith mentioned panning. I do it all the time. Here is one from last week with just the right amount I wanted (aperture f/4, 25mm lens).

slosync

Two pictures of the Sunshine State Skyway Bridge in St. Petersburg Florida. These have been converted/pp'ed in photoshop.

This picture I cut back on the luminance quite a bit so the darks are exaggerated.

This picture I converted to a negative. You can see the birds flying above the bridge.

Cheers,
Don

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Two pictures of the Sunshine State Skyway Bridge in St. Petersburg Florida. These have been converted/pp'ed in photoshop.
This picture I cut back on the luminance quite a bit so the darks are exaggerated.
This picture I converted to a negative. You can see the birds flying above the bridge.

Cheers,
Don
Top one is lovely

Keith

M

MrAdrenalin

Hi Vivek,

I really like the color rendition of your computar lens. Do you process the pictures from it differently or is it the color rendition of the lens itself that gives the more sepia kind of look to those pictures compared to the ones from the 17mm zuiko you have shown in the thread?

/Magnus

Leica 77

That is an awesome sight - I have to find a way of getting there :toocool:

Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks! Xi'an is a fascinating place to visit when you have a chance. Being at the eastern end of the Silk Road, Xi'an which is a walled ancient city has a lot to offer to visitors. :)

V

Vivek

As close as I got to make a shot on a Parisian street last friday.

Answer to Magnus: As long as the exposure is correctly made, post processing does the rest of the job. My post processing skills are basic. So...:)

Thanks again to Leica77! :)

slau

A 'full frame' shot of our beautiful Rockies with early snow from yesterday:

GH1 + 14-140 kit lens