The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Leica 77

Here's a B&W panoramic shot (stitch of 8 with Panorama Factory) I made from the backside of our farm in Russia,
overlooking the rest of our "огород" (part of the garden where we grow our vegetables)

If you'd like to see the full res version, go to this link :

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

(18 MB)

C U,
Rafael​
Hi My Friend Rafael,
This is a fine panorama. Do I see some sunflowers in the foreground? All the best! :)

f6cvalkyrie

You're right, Leica77, my friend, those are sunflowers that we grow to press our own sunflower oil. In that we bake our "french fries" :D:D

Here's another pic of some sunflowers :

and some random B&W conversions from our farm and from Moscow :

C U,
Rafael

Leica 77

You're right, Leica77, my friend, those are sunflowers that we grow to press our own sunflower oil. In that we bake our "french fries" :D:D

Here's another pic of some sunflowers :

and some random B&W conversions from our farm and from Moscow :

C U,
Rafael
Hi My Friend Rafael,
The Sunflower Oil you obtain from your own farm must be really nice for baking "French" fries. The new B&W images are gorgeous. I especially like the images of a cat and the impressive church in Russia. The bokeh behind the sunflowers is very nice and smooth! We would like to see more images of Russia! All the best! :)

antara

a quick shot of a pottery student in my studio, edited in LR. GX100
"http://antara.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Portraits/1547444_nKDL2/1/#648215798_AmdBt-A-LB"]http://antara.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Portraits/1547444_nKDL2/1/#648215798_AmdBt-A-LB

E

Everett

These are outstanding black and whites in this thread. Makes me almost hesisitant to put forward mine, but here are a couple of recent efforts.

The first is "Old Man and the Sea"
The second is "One O'clock"

Thanks for looking.

C

cwysopal

Doner Turkish Food restaurant on Bedford St. Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Oly E-P1 f/3.5 1/50s ISO 1600 kit lens at 14mm

Black and white conversion is High Detail with Silver Efex Pro.

bavanor

These are all great. Some amazing B&W's in here. So much so I need to get involved too :p
This is an older photo taken with the e-1. I consider it to be one of my best portraits.

mrtoml

Great pictures in this thread.

One from the weekend (G1 plus 45-200mm zoom processed in Lightroom):

V

Vivek

Moon lit castle.

[Oly-D 17/2.8 + Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X converter) ISO1600, few seconds exposure, color image is horrible-noise, banding and flare from the light source]