The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

JBurnett

Jack, I like the autumn leaves rendered in B&W for a change. Here's another; a flaming red and gold tree that was more interesting (to me) in monochrome. G1 + Oly 17mm.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, I like the autumn leaves rendered in B&W for a change. Here's another; a flaming red and gold tree that was more interesting (to me) in monochrome. G1 + Oly 17mm.
Hi John,

Agree totally! You get a range of tones not normally seen in green leaves, so the Fall foliage makes for just as interesting B&W's as they do in color!

I like the curve and distant reflection in your composition, it adds a nice anchor point to the tree

:thumbs:

JBurnett

I like the curve and distant reflection in your composition, it adds a nice anchor point to the tree
It was the structure of the scene that captured my interest in the first place, and the brilliant colours actually detract from that. I didn't quite nail the composition, but I was already late heading to meet my wife for dinner, so I opted to shoot and run rather than explore the angles further.

Brian Mosley

Thanks Michael, Matt and John... very kind!

Jack, those captures have an almost IR sense to them, cool tonality.

Kind Regards

Brian

D

danyd

here is one, kit lens, manual focus, 1/6 s at f5

PS : how do you do the insert image to get a "small image/click/original size" ?

M

mschlapfer

This was taken the first night I received the GF1 and 20mm kit. This was the 11th frame on the camera. I'd worked late that day and the kit was waiting for me when I got home. Ran through a quick setup of the camera after grabbing a bite to eat before heading for bed. Decide to try "face detect" for the heck of it (never used that feature on any of my other cams before). Only light in this room was a table lamp about 8 feet from my subject, who happens to be my brother. Let's just say he's not real fond of being in front of a camera and even less fond of being splashed on the web. Too bad! I've been trying to convince him that this is a decent picture but he still feels the subject matter leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Tullio

My oh my...I just joined this forum and I must say...it's intimidating. Doesn't anyone post ordinary pictures here? I took the time and went through all the 10+ pages of this particular topic and saw some outstanding images. I think I need to reassess my photographic skills!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
My oh my...I just joined this forum and I must say...it's intimidating. Doesn't anyone post ordinary pictures here? I took the time and went through all the 10+ pages of this particular topic and saw some outstanding images. I think I need to reassess my photographic skills!
We would love to see some of yours. Don't be shy!
-bob

Tullio

We would love to see some of yours. Don't be shy!
-bob
Hi Bob, yes, I'll be working on them for the next oh...5 years! LOL. I'm checking things out first. Most topics in the 4/3rds forum are quite active (which is a great thing) with a high level of participation. I got the G1 a couple of weeks ago and have not had a chance to take that many pictures with it yet. I do have a large collection of images from my former E510/E520 cameras, so I guess I can always start with them.

Tullio

Here's my contribution...

These pictures were taken in San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point) with my former E510.

m_driscoll

"Still Life with Garbage Can"

Stephen: Thanks.

Tullio: Great B & W photos of SF. Nice contrast and detail. Thanks for sharing.

JBurnett: Nice composition. The photo's slightly dizzying because of the geometry in the building; and, the ground plane almost bends back in at the change in pavement. The shadow box frame probably accentuates this effect.

Cheers.

GF1; 20mm f/1.7; 1/250s @ f/1.7; ISO 100

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's my contribution...

These pictures were taken in San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point) with my former E510.
Tullio,

You've got nothing to worry about re your photographic vision --- very nice series, really like #1, 2 and 6!

;),

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
JBurnett, very nice composition, great way to render the geometry in that building!

mdriscoll, I like the guitar image very much! Only minor nit is maybe just a skosh too much contrast for the background? I keep looking for a bit more tonal range in the dark objects fabrics in the background...