The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Tullio

Great shots, Brian and Ron. The 20mm is on my Xmas wish list. I'm hoping for some sort of rebate from Panasonic but considering the popularity of this lens, I doubt they'll offer any discounts at least until Mar-Apr next year. We'll see.

B

Brian Puccio

In the Met, GF1 with a Zeiss 25mm at ISO 200, 1/50 and f/4, I think, still getting used to my camera not recording the aperture.

fordfanjpn

There are some amazing shots in this thread. Very inspiring. I haven't been shooting much lately, but here are a couple shots from yesterday with the GF1 and the 20mm.

Bill

Tullio

Nice shot and B&W editing, Ron.

Bill, that's a killer combo. Did you use in-camera B&W or you PP'ed the images? They have a lot of contrast, like the dynamic B&W produced by the G1/GF1.

hodad66

This one is very interesting -- both the subject and your processing choice. Care to share some more details?
Actually my first outing with the G1/45-200 in my back yard. Dynamic
B&W just for the heck of it. My color shots simply showed too much
distracting background color.

I had just replanted the vine and there wasn't much in the way of
background color as in past shots with my Canon. My answer was to
balance everything out as black and white. Interesting but not really
a great choice.

Older Canon shots......

Amin

Another one from yesterday:

I took my family to visit my college campus. It was the first time I've been back since graduating in 1996. This was inside the science center, a DNA model, usually twisted, which had been unplugged by a student looking for a place to plug in her netbook.