The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

PeterB666

I like this one a lot too. GREAT composition and nice B&W treatment. I brought it into CS and burned the bench down to more the level of the tree and like it better -- you might want to try for yourself and see what you think, clearly a personal choice. Any way, nice work!
Thanks Jack. I am getting better at composition and this is one of my favorite shots. I do this shot over and over with slight variations searching for the perfect one. I love the combination of the old and new bridges and the angle between them.

My next aim is to do it with a friend of mine sitting on the bench wearing a black and white dress. It will work well in both colour and black and white. I need a still night and would prefer a bit of low cloud or cloud and moonlight too.

I am quite a lazy photographer when it comes to post-processing fiddling about. I haven't got the hang of working with RAW or doing my own noise reduction. I simply cannot achieve the quality of what comes out of the box with the E-P1.

I would be interested in seeing what you have done with the photo. Can I have a link please?

Cheers

Peter

Audii-Dudii

Here's one I captured Wednesday night using my GF1 with an Olympus 7-14 @~8mm, converted in PS via Channel Mixer tool and selenium "toned."

Tullio

Very nice picture, Brian.

BTW, the EP-1 w/ the ZD 17mm and an EVF is going for just $760 on Amazon, down from $899. It won't last long, I'm sure.

Brian Mosley

Thanks Tullio,

the advanced CA correction in Capture One v5 PRO really improves the 17mm f2.8 IQ - that would make a great street shooting combination.

Cheers

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

Finally got around to stitching this. Took it over the summer right after getting my E-P1.
Using 17mm pancake.