The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

A

alanwf

Two from my first day; (Panasonic getting these out just in time for Christmas makes it seem like a gift...) Finding it a bit hard to get a good sense of the sensor; but the images look better on the screen than on the LCD. Both are from in camera jpg, but I did do some curve adjustments. So far, I like the GF1/20mm combination.

I'm not sure if I'm posting these properly—if not, my apologies!

Diane B

A few from a morning at Old Salem/Winston Salem--apologies for a couple having been posted in Lensbaby thread.

The patterns, both shadow and those of the bench/railing caught my eye

The Moravian cemetery is based on 'choirs'-buried according to marital status, gender, age, etc. Very plain markers and rows and rows. In the older section I came upon one stone that says simply "Vacant/Remains Removed"---I thought it very strange that a stone would engraved to signify this--perhaps to keep the consistency of the row.

Diane

BlasR

Hasselblad h3d-50. U will need to give $7 dollars for the info. 2 for jack 2 for guy 3 for me, i did the work

JBurnett

A few from a morning at Old Salem/Winston Salem ...
Your cemetary shots have me considering a lensbaby (or other selective focus techniques) once again, Diane.

Epitaphs can be historically informational, interesting from a human perspective, and sometimes amusing. I remember one in a cathedral in England (13th century?) which illustrated the state of medical knowledge at the time: "Here lies ___. Died of a rapid decline."

Diane B

Your cemetary shots have me considering a lensbaby (or other selective focus techniques) once again, Diane.

Epitaphs can be historically informational, interesting from a human perspective, and sometimes amusing. I remember one in a cathedral in England (13th century?) which illustrated the state of medical knowledge at the time: "Here lies ___. Died of a rapid decline."
John, I pulled out my EF 45 f/2.8 TS the other day again--but its big AND heavy using it just for selective focus on the m4/3rds. I doubt I will really use it for increased perception of DOF OR perspective control on the Gs--and if I'm going to use it for selective focus--I'm finding I can control the much lighter Composer (its not 'little'--I bought 4/3rds mount and use it with MA-1) with care--which you have to do with a TS anyhow. It has a focusing ring, which my old LB 2.0 did not have; using the ball/socket you can do very minor adjustments to tilt;--and with the insertable apertures, you can play with DOF quite nicely. I do have 2 WA converters--the UWA (.42) which gives me about same FOV as 20 f/1.7--and an old .625 I had for the LB 2.0.

I chuckled at the epitaph you cited.

Diane

Jonas

Hasselblad h3d-50. U will need to give $7 dollars for the info. 2 for jack 2 for guy 3 for me, i did the work
Ah, oh... shame on me, I live in the old Hasselblad town... Thank you.
Lol, I hope you guys can sort those money among you because you get a $7 fine for posting in the wrong forum...

Diane B

A short series I shot yesterday with G1/Lensbaby Composer with .425 and .62 WA.

They were taken at the NC Transportaion Museum--which is really more train based.

Diane

m3photo

Re: Lensbaby series

A short series I shot yesterday with G1/Lensbaby Composer with .425 and .62 WA.
Yes but only someone with your excellent pp skills would produce such perfect images to match the subject. The "old lens" effect and the contrasty black and white goes so well with the era ...