The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

scho

A B&W conversion of an E-P2+Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar shot of some False Hellebore. My favorite spring woodland plant. The leaves have a beautiful sculpted look. Color version posted in the 4/3 Fun thread.

Original

Friedel

Hi scho,
I don't know which version is better, I like both, colours as well as structures are very impressive. Very good work.

Karl

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, This thread contains some fantastic photography.

Louis, The flowers are beautiful. You captured wonderful shape and texture.
Yellowfit, Graham and stickan1-excellent portraits.
Leica77, Awesome work.
Carl, I love the False Hellebore capture.

scho

Leica77, Awesome work.
Thank you Cindy.

Leica 77

Leica77, Awesome work.
Hi Cindy,
Many thanks for your encouragement! :)

CPWarner

Here is a B&W version of another image I put on the Contax G thread. Scho's Helebore image inspired me to look at a black and white version of this image. Taken with my GF1 with Contax G 45mm.

scho

Here is a B&W version of another image I put on the Contax G thread. Scho's Helebore image inspired me to look at a black and white version of this image. Taken with my GF1 with Contax G 45mm.
Cliff, Very nice, sharp image. I just looked at the color version and although both work, I think the color image has more impact. Same dilemma with my False Hellebore:)

CPWarner

Cliff, Very nice, sharp image. I just looked at the color version and although both work, I think the color image has more impact. Same dilemma with my False Hellebore:)
My thoughts as well. I just wanted to try out my new silver effects pro software...