The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Brian Mosley

What an inspiring thread! lots of absolutely gorgeous b&w work... thanks everyone!

...from earlier this evening, carrying the E-P1 everywhere these days :)

E-P1 + mZD 17mm f2.8
1/500s f/5.0 at 17.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

V

Vivek

One from earlier today from the Hague.

Panasonic G1 (never leave home without one!), Computar-TV 25/1.3

What the heck, let me make that two. :)

C

cwilt

To me it seems odd to use the little G1 for comissioned work but I have slipped it into the camera bag more than once now and it has proven useful. The subjects do have some odd reactions when I put the big cameras down and start shooting with the G1 and a manual focus lens. In the end its the image that matters.

This one was taken at the end of the session and at sunset. We were having fun and warm light was very nice. Shot RAW + jpg and this is the OOC jpg.

V

Vivek

In the end its the image that matters.

Well said (and with a nice example)! :)

What I find is that kids take notice of my camera. The smaller they are, the more notice I get. Not surprising in the least because children have the most innate curiosity and we keep losing it as we get older.

A couple from Mt.Tibidabo park in Barcelona.

Panasonic G1, Olympus D 17/2.8 plus a Ricoh GW-1 (0.75X converter)

BTW.. Panasonic, Silkypix, etc RAW converters did a major damage to the G1's capability with crummy demosaicing routines. I only learnt of late that demosaicing "sharpness" crap needed to be set to zero to get decent looking images.

Matix

Quick shot with the G1 and 14-45. I had been shooting B&W and did not have a lot of time for setup or composition, was on a back road and saw steam and heard the whistle. Just had time to park the car and grab the camera for this shot, was a colourful newly restored loco, but I liked it in B&W so left the JPG as it came out. Have the RAW which is colour, but have not done anything with it.

Phil

V

Vivek

I don't know if I have shown this before. Shot 3 months ago in my neighborhood. Reprocessed.

Panasonic G1, Computar-TV 25/1.3

V

Vivek

A few more street shots from Barcelona.

From now on, I am going desist listing any gear that I use.

Should any GETDPI member want to know the gear details, etc they are welcome to PM me.:)