The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Leica 77

A few more street shots from Barcelona.

From now on, I am going desist listing any gear that I use.

Should any GETDPI member want to know the gear details, etc they are welcome to PM me.:)
Hello vivek,
This one is my favorite! All the best, Leica 77 :)

V

Vivek

Leica77, Thank you! You may recall the thread (Leica board) on "bokeh" and my post there? :)

It comes together in this shot, I think.

V

Vivek

Thank you, Mike!

Here are a couple of shots (from a few months ago)using a custom built fast wide angle lens, reprocessed recently after a new monitor.

Poffertjes (tiny Dutch pancakes). You can see why they call them as "funnel cakes" in north America.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Leica 77
Yes, Vivek, looks like Funnel Cakes were introduced by the Pennsylvania Dutch, though as all things US, they have grown considerably in size since then :thumbdown:
Lovely picture of the young lady with the Candy Floss

Poffertjes (tiny Dutch pancakes). You can see why they call them as "funnel cakes" in north America.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Keith.

It has an an interesting history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poffertjes

Candy floss (Brit. English), hmm..

The French name barbe à papa (Papa's beard) tops that!:D
Yes - I am a transplanted Brit, but now mostly Canadian. But old habits die hard :cry:

Keith

PS - you would not want to go near one of these funnel cakes. Sure, the chef(?) uses something like a funnel but it goes straight into a vat of sizzling oil. I calculated that it took 2 funnel cakes to block one artery :lecture:

V

Vivek

The oil is the least of the worries, Keith. Did you notice the small mountain of butter behind the chef? :bugeyes: It is served with a loads of powder sugar and a big dollop of butter.

I used to live in the big white north (left coast) a while ago. I love the maple leaf. :)

This is also an old (~month old) shot from the Hague. Serendipitous motion blur that matched the chosen shutter speed did the job (rather than selective focus).

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dropping the ticket while the bus is approaching is no fun.
These last two images are excellent. It's interesting that the first one shows selective sharpness through movement - I'd never thought of that (outside of the usual panning idea)
Keep them coming.

Keith

Last edited: