The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

V

Vivek

I want something that would make people pose with a cheerful smile.

How about that for a Combicam feature? :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Good ideas, Ranger but what good is a Combicam if it does not incorporate those features? :ROTFL:

My curious subjects mostly wonder about what sort of an ugly toy I am holding..

(Fujinon-TV 25/1.4 @f/1.4 anyone use this gem? focuses blazingly fast as well.:D)

JBurnett

I want something that would make people pose with a cheerful smile.
I once saw a thread from a photographer who had mounted his flash and small umbrella on top of a safety helmet, then ran a cord down to his camera. It gave him a nice "off-camera" flash, and gave his subjects something to smile at (he looked a little goofy, for sure).

photoSmart42

...okay, that and that I was getting tired of reading all the bloviation on the M9 image thread about the "M look"... there are some excellent b&w images in that thread, but at web size the mystical qualities they're all talking about are purely in the eye of the beholder, and I don't think they look any more "rich" or "deep" or "rounded" or whatever than many of the images posted in this thread!
I have to say I completely agree. Maybe the more seasoned photogs on this forum can tell the differences, but the shots taken by people who post here are just as amazing to me FWIW.

m_driscoll

Bar at Seattle's Pike Place Market. Panasonic G1 with Panasonic Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 AF; 1/200s; ISO 100. Thanks for looking. Cheers

htttp://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Diane B

Browsing (terrible weather recently for shooting--plus 'malaise' LOL) and found this one from June and decided to process.
G1/45-200 f/13 1/4s ISO100

Diane