The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

m3photo

Simplicity

A few more recent B&W's. The first two are Toronto. The second two are from Quebec City.
A play on words and a compliment. Some images "work" others don't - these do of course. I'm also a sucker for well presented frames and the "floating" effect is most pleasing.

JBurnett

Thank you, m3photo. I realize that my photos may be to everyone's taste, but it's nice to hear that others may appreciate the images as well.

JBurnett

Re: Waiting to Board

Waiting to Board
G1 Kit Lens at 14mm f/8
Irrespective of obvious details that date this as current, this image has a 1960's feel for me (when the future looked bright and air travel was still very special). The VIGO logo helps (makes me think "vigour"). I love the way the sun glints off the airplane and highlights the elegant stance of the woman.

m3photo

Re: 105 Nikkor

M3photo: Nice images. I haven't tried the Nikkor 105 on the MFT yet. I will now. Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure, Matt. I usually just carry a small bag with the G1+Kit Lens and the 105mm Nikkor with pre-mounted adapters for quick changes. The 210mm equivalent focal length and f/2.5 maximum aperture (well usable by the way) is the perfect complement for this little camera.

m3photo

Re: Waiting to Board

Irrespective of obvious details that date this as current, this image has a 1960's feel for me (when the future looked bright and air travel was still very special). The VIGO logo helps (makes me think "vigour"). I love the way the sun glints off the airplane and highlights the elegant stance of the woman.
Hmm, interesting interpretation. This is part of the satisfaction of exhibiting one's work of course, seeing what others see and you didn't. :) Thanks John.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I went to Vigo last year for a day - wish I could have had longer, but I was going in and out by sea.
Both taken with G1 and Kit Lenses

Keith

Musicians

In and out of Vigo