The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Tullio

Thanks Tullio,

the advanced CA correction in Capture One v5 PRO really improves the 17mm f2.8 IQ - that would make a great street shooting combination.

Cheers

Brian
Yes, but from what I've seen, the Lumix 20mm is a superior lens (of course it costs more...)

kwalsh

Oh well, if any of you tool around other boards landscape forums you've probably already seen me post these, but here are two G1+45-200 shots in B&W from Death Valley:

Ken

T

turbo

Ken,

Nice shots. That dune looks like it is ready to swallow someone (or maybe already has).

Brian Mosley

Matt, I really love this capture - for me, the arrangement of people within the scene reflects the 'performance' aspect of the musician, and the preparation for performance of the guy on the left...

Just wonderful! thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

A couple of portraits of my daughter - shot as she looked out through a rainy glass window... the resultant files were so low contrast, that I decided to use the B&W Grainy Art Filter in the E-P1.

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/80s f/2.0 iso200

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/1250s f/2.0 iso3200

Kind Regards

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

Went out for vietnamese food with my friend Haley yesterday and got this:
E-P1 with 17mm f/2.8 iso160 1/160s

D

Devon Shaw

Thanks!
No she didn't seem to be a big fan of the pho we had to eat.
I thought it was worthwhile though for those above photographs..
About to have to show my portfolio to the schools I'm applying to.

Tullio

Thanks!
No she didn't seem to be a big fan of the pho we had to eat.
I thought it was worthwhile though for those above photographs..
About to have to show my portfolio to the schools I'm applying to.
I don't blame her...I haven't developed the taste for it either. Those are great shots, though.

Tullio

A couple of portraits of my daughter - shot as she looked out through a rainy glass window... the resultant files were so low contrast, that I decided to use the B&W Grainy Art Filter in the E-P1.

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/80s f/2.0 iso200

E-P1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/1250s f/2.0 iso3200

Kind Regards

Brian
Beautiful portraits, Brian. Well done! :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Matt, I really love this capture - for me, the arrangement of people within the scene reflects the 'performance' aspect of the musician, and the preparation for performance of the guy on the left...

Just wonderful! thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian
Brian: Thanks for your comments. She's there performing and the activity swirls around her. Some note her presence and some don't. It must be hard to stay focused on your music. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com