The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

JBurnett

The ZD9-18 came to use here:
Great use of the ultra-wide.

A B & W, more conventionally processed, version of a photo I posted a couple of days ago. Cheers.
Opinions will vary, but I like this version better. Your "standard" B&W processing always looks very good to me.

GH1 + 14-140 mm kit lens; 16:9 aspect ratio:
One of those "I wish I was there" moments. Lovely, Stephen.

Jonas

"Black Water, White Water" is great John. I love images where it isn't apparent what you are looking at. (And I'm still not sure about this one).

JBurnett

"Black Water, White Water" is great John. I love images where it isn't apparent what you are looking at. (And I'm still not sure about this one).
Thank-you Jonas. The title is actually descriptive of what this is --a stream flowing from right to left. I'm guessing that a "man-made" shelf was built underneath in the stream bed to ... well, I'm not sure what it is supposed to do, but it has the effect of pooling the water a bit before it tumbles over the lip and on its way. Hope I haven't spoiled it for you! :)

Audii-Dudii

That is simply an amazing shot, Audii.
Thanks! It was taken from inside the pueblo at the Dobbins Lookout on South Mountain and I used a flashlight to bounce some light onto the walls to balance the exposure a bit. Sometimes you get lucky, eh? :)

(Alas, I'm at work right now and your photos is blocked, so no comments from me, I'm afraid.)

Audii-Dudii

Wonderful! love this shot.
Thanks! As I noted above, sometimes you get lucky, as I now realize the streak from the airplane making its final approach to Sky Harbor airport makes this image (for me, anyway!) and I kept shooting frame after frame trying -- and failing -- to get a clear sky.

Live and learn, eh?