The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

JBurnett

Just wonderful, as are so many photos in your gallery.
Thank you, John, and welcome to the forum. You have some very appealing pictures on your website, and it seems we have some common interests in subject material.

D

Devon Shaw

My cousin got married yesterday and I decided to use the opportunity to give the built in E-P1 art filters a shot.
These were all taken with the Grainy B&W filter on an E-P1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 lens.

R

rachp

Thanks for sharing these. The bokeh on the first flower picture is very nice indeed. The bokeh on the cat picture, OTOH, ...
So very different aren't they? :) The background on the cat pic was very busy - not the prettiest but I like how different it is.

I love your maple leaf! What 45mm did you use? Wonderful detail!!

JBurnett

So very different aren't they? :) The background on the cat pic was very busy - not the prettiest but I like how different it is.

I love your maple leaf! What 45mm did you use? Wonderful detail!!
This is the "native" 45mm f/2.8 macro lens (Panasonic/Leica DG Macro-Elmarit). It is expensive enough that it really gave me pause before puchasing it, but I'm glad that I did. The IQ is excellent and I do like having auto-focus and image stabilization for non-macro situations.

Diane B

This is the "native" 45mm f/2.8 macro lens (Panasonic/Leica DG Macro-Elmarit). It is expensive enough that it really gave me pause before puchasing it, but I'm glad that I did. The IQ is excellent and I do like having auto-focus and image stabilization for non-macro situations.
I really like the leaf macro also John. I, too, gave pause about buying the 45 f/2.8. I planned on buying it eventually, but in the end bought it when Monza got it in. I'm really glad I did--like it very much.

R

rachp

Very glad to know this! I have been wanting this lens but just kept holding off - mostly because of price. Thanks - now to go shopping :D