The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

seakayaker

Snoqualmie Falls B/W

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2.8 -- ISO 125 -- f/2.8 -- f/2000 -- 35mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Mike Woods

A few recent efforts. E-P1, the first with the Nokton 50mm f1.5, then the Ultron 35mm f1.7 and the last with the Pana 20mm:

Regards

Mike

JBurnett

Quite a number of pics I like very much on this page alone.

A couple from yesterday (where the faeries roam):

seakayaker

Words & Reflections

GF1 with Voigtlander Color Skopar 25mm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/160 -- 25mm

Glass Art Work at West Entrance to Seattle Center and Pacific Science Center

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

J

JohnW

My first legacy lens--a Minolta MD 45 2.0. $25.00 on Ebay. It's a little soft and low contrast but I like that, especially for people. 90mm is such a nice FOV.

John

seakayaker

Very rainy spring in the Pacific Northwest this spring combined with the mountain snow runoff has the lake systems high and beautiful water display at the Ballard Locks Spillway.

Water Passing Through the Spillway Gate Opening at the Ballard Locks - Seattle, WA

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f/1.8 -- 1/4000

Each spring the salmon smolts leave the fresh water system and head out to the Pacific. In order to enable their chance of survival as they pass through the dam area the Smolt chutes are installed in the spillway.

Smolt Chutes Ballard Locks

GF1 with Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/4000

Then . . . . . three to four years later the adult salmon return and climb up the 21 step fish ladder to return to the fresh water environment to breed then die.

Salmon Resting in one of the Steps as they Pass through the Fish Ladder

Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH. -- ISO 100 -- f/1.4 -- 1/30

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very rainy spring in the Pacific Northwest this spring combined with the mountain snow runoff has the lake systems high and beautiful water display at the Ballard Locks Spillway.

Salmon Resting in one of the Steps as they Pass through the Fish Ladder

Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH. -- ISO 100 -- f/1.4 -- 1/30
Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Love the one of the Salmon resting, Dan. Both tone and composition :thumbs:
Keith

P

pieter

This past Sunday we were invited to a gala ballet performance of one of the local dance academies, our neighbour's daughter participated. We'd been last year as well and I shot about 400 images over a two and a half hour period, all with the 45-200. This year we were much closer to the stage than last year and prior to intermission I used naught but the 14-45. I wanted to get some tighter shots and I switched to the 45-200 after the intermission, which gained me an extra stop at 45 in the process. All pictures were shot using a Minolta TR-1 as a chestpod, underexposed everything by at least one stop, ISO 1600 and it got me some nice tight shots from our vantage point. This is a sepia rendition done in Silkypix.

Godfrey

... Walking the Seine ...

Original negative made with Minox C on APX100 film.

High-resolution capture with Panasonic L1 fitted with Olympus ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro + Olympus ZD EC-14 teleconverter
for 1.4:1 magnification. Processed with Lightroom using special reversal camera calibration profile.
Printed to 11x17 inch paper (image area is a 25x magnification of original negative).

enjoy,