The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

RonSmith

Thanks Leica!

This is really where the m4/3 gear shines. I was at the city hall for the deposition of a police officer. Having been there before, I'd made a mental note of wanting to photograph that stair case. I was able to put my GF1 with the 20/1.7 mounted and the 7-14 in my brief case and got there a bit early. Would my 40D and 10-22 have made comparable images? Probably, but I'd never have taken it with me to find out.

Leica 77

Thanks Leica!

This is really where the m4/3 gear shines. I was at the city hall for the deposition of a police officer. Having been there before, I'd made a mental note of wanting to photograph that stair case. I was able to put my GF1 with the 20/1.7 mounted and the 7-14 in my brief case and got there a bit early. Would my 40D and 10-22 have made comparable images? Probably, but I'd never have taken it with me to find out.
Hi Ron,
The GF1 + 7-14mm/20mm combos certainly create win-win situations in capturing digital images both indoors and outdoors. When I traveled to some remote destinations in Indonesia by small airplanes earlier this year, I had to minimize my photo equipment. Most of my images during that travel were made with the GF1 + 7-14mm/20mm combos. Though I still use vintage Four Thirds cameras as well as digital SLRs (Nikons), as you say, the m4/3 gear definitely has its own nice niche in the wonderful world of digital imaging today. Best, Leica 77. :)