The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I held the 7-14 in hands today and I must say I was overwhelmed by its build quality. If IQ is only somehow as good then this lens rocks. Will get one for my M43!

biglouis

I held the 7-14 in hands today and I must say I was overwhelmed by its build quality. If IQ is only somehow as good then this lens rocks. Will get one for my M43!
Funny you should say that. Yesterday was the first time I had used my 7-14 for a long time and I was thinking that as a lens it really does ooze quality when you hold it and mount it on a camera. IQ ranges from good at the wide end to excellent in the middle to top.

LouisB

Godfrey

Caught In The Act

Olympus E-1 + Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
ISO 400 @ f/1.8 @ 1/8 second

thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

kweide

Shy view

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12 - 60 SWD f2.8, no NR
ISO 400 @ f 5.0, 1/25 second, 37 mm focal length

This is my last picture for this year and i want to thank all of you for all your kind words, friendly and constructive comments. I hope, that my view of my little world, my wonderland, was fun and enjoyment even when it was done with no time with only one second to go. I often heared those words this year and in the end those pictures turned out to be the best in clients eyes.... that made me happy hopefully you too....let me see where it will take me... only God knows ....
It is a great pleasure being here.​

kweide

A game on top of the roof

Olympus E-3 + Zuiko 14 - 54 f2.8, no NR, remote flash
ISO 100 + f 5.0, 1/30 second, 14 mm focal length​

M5-Guy

Re: G1 vs M5

Beautiful image.
Compared to B+W film in your M5 with a 50mm Leitz how do you rate the comparison to this G1 + 20mm f/1.7 combo?
With a slow film like Delta Pan 50 and the Zeiss (not Leitz:cry:)
The G1 and 20 still delivers more finer details, but lacks the longer range of subtle tonality. But, the tonality of the G1 is still good for a m4/3 sensor, I'm sure the GH2 sensor even better.

Here are 2 examples...
Film has a unique quality, that no software can duplicate.
Like Digital Amps and Tube amps. the Tube amp will always have a fuller richer sound over Digital amps.

G1, ISO 125
Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar

M5-Plus-X @125
Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar @f/1.5

m3photo

Re: G1 vs M5

Like Digital Amps and Tube amps. the Tube amp will always have a fuller richer sound over Digital amps.
Thank you Peter for taking the trouble to fully answer my query. Actually, since I carry around the G1+20mm f/1.7 I tend to leave the F3+50mm Nikkor at home and, as you say, not considering the tonal range I get more keepers from the little G1 - it fits better in my pocket anyway. :)

Talking of Tube amps, if you haven't discovered Mike Johnston at "The Online Photographer", pay him a visit, he thinks like us! :)