The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

P

photolady

I will try to post some photos now that I got some help!

Last edited by a moderator:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I am still trying to figure out how to post photos! enjoyed the ones displayed here. thanks again
Upload your pics to the gallery (free) - copy the first URL under the pic to your clip board - open up a message and use the little yellow mountain icon to post an image - paste in the URL

Keith

biglouis

Six Rowboats

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2000

The quality of the pictures in this thread is of such a consistently high standard that it seems unfair to pick any one of them to comment on. However, I do like the inky watery tones in this one. Well done, Dan.

LouisB

seakayaker

. . . . . thanks Louis for the kind words, they are appreciated. One other from taken on the same day.

Sailboat & Tender

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/3200

ZoranC

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/4847409997_3956a03905_b.jpg

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4
I have many times read that SC version of this lens is best suited for B&W giving classic look and keeping details in shadows but I have never seen good example of that. This is is a perfect example of it, thank you, now I know exactly what was meant with it.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very nice portraits series, Klaus, particularly this one.

Is that the Sigma in 4/3 mount? Seems to be a perfect portrait lens for the E-5. What are your experiences with the lens in general?

the truth

E-5 + Sigma 50 mm f1.4, no NR
ISO 200 @ f1.4, 1/50 second, 50 mm focal length​

seakayaker

. . . . . ZoranC, the Voigtlander 40/1.4 is an excellent lens with super value for the price of lens . . . . .

Center of Wooden Boats ~ Lake Union ~ Seattle

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2500

seakayaker

Nice shots with the CV 40 Dan. I just found that it's available here too, for around $400. Guess it's unavoidable :)
Jorgen, having followed your posts I believe the CV 40 would work quite well for you. It is small and lightweight, sharp, great color besides the B&W and has great bokeh, JMHO!

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Classic SC 40mm f1.4 -- ISO 100 -- f1.4 -- 1/2000

color version can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/4847930107/in/set-72157624474633027/lightbox/

kweide

Jorgen, yes it is the Sigma in 4/3 mount. Sigma 50mm 1.4 DG HSM EX. It is a GEM
It is fast operating and silent and works even on E-Px ( not so the Sigma 30 1.4 DC HSM EX ).
Its bokeh is more soft and creamy type sometimes it has bit of swirly pattern but i like it much. The difference to the Zuiko 50 f2 is great, the Zuiko near clinical and razorsharp even at f2 while the Sigma is more pleasing, the charming boy ! In a direct comparison my models nearly always prefer to Sigma due to its warm and soft character. And YES is has CAs what is not a problem at all. The Sigma needs a bit more sharpening in PP, just a breeze.... Yes i am satisfied with this lens.

Regards
Klaus

kweide

Enter the Flightzone

Olympus E-P1 + Panasonic 20mm f1.7, no NR
ISO200 @ f1.7, 1/160 second, 20 mm focal length​

mediumcool

GF1 with Pentax-DA 50mm F1.4 lens 1/400 F2.8 handheld

GF1 with Pentax-M 200mm F4 lens tripod 1/160 F4

GF1 with Pentax-M 200mm F4 lens tripod 1/125 F4

original post

Last edited:

Godfrey

Escalator

Olympus E-5 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
ISO 1250 @ f/1.8 @ 1/4 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Leica 77

This is really an exciting thread. Beautiful B&W contributions by Godfrey, ReeRay, mediumcool, usathyan, Karl, Dan, hakkalo, Rich M, Peter, jkung, Uwe, and others! :)

GH2 + 7-14mm.