The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

kweide

Come on
( the old analog style )

Olympus E-5 + PanaLeica 25 mm f1.4, no NR
ISO 125 @ f1.4, 1/125 second, 25 mm focal length​

Winkel

Excellent stuff everyone!

Klaus - Love the "Enter the Flightzone"... very intriguing contrast split down the middle.

Godfrey - Excellent display of movement and patterns in the jeans & escalator.

I posted the colour version of this in the fun with 4/3rds thread so here's the B&W version... I'm not sure what I prefer.

Olympus E-PL1 with Super-Takumar 50/1.4 @ f2 and ISO 400.

Cheers,
Jim

mediumcool

I went out to do a dawn shoot yesterday morning but the sun didn't come up. The sky just went from black to grey.

Both shots taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikon 10-24mm zoom.
Nice pix, but I’m afraid you’ll have to get some scissors and cut your sensor down to 13 x 17mm. Then your camera will be compatible with this thread, not the “large format” you’ve been using.

:D

Last edited:

kweide

Let´s play the game, the angel said...

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 11-22 f2.8, no NR
ISO400 @ f3.2, 1/25 second, 13 mm focal length

Thanx to the angel for her patience

kweide

Roadrunner
heading home

Olympus E-P1 + Panasonic Lumix 20mm, noNR
ISO200 @ f2.5, 1/100 second, 20mm focal length​

kweide

Hello, Keith ...
She said.

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 50mm f2, no NR
ISO125 @ f2, 1/125 second, 50 mm focal length​

Winkel

Some late-night snow clearing after yesterday's over-hyped winter storm :confused:

Snapped with an E-PL1 & Canon FD 100/2.8 @ ISO 1600, f2.8, 1/6 sec, hand-held.

Leica 77

Hi deckitout, Winkel, Klaus, Streetshooter, Attorney Ron, jkung and All,
I have enjoyed looking at a variety of excellent Black and White images posted by each one of you. There seems to be a lot of snow this winter to say the least.

Here is an image recorded recently at Pasay City, Philippines. There is no snow there. GH2 + Leica D 14-150mm. :)

DHart

leica... The architectural interior is magnificent and the street scene is the perfect subject for B&W.... Great lines, textures, and punchy tonality!

Leica 77

leica... The architectural interior is magnificent and the street scene is the perfect subject for B&W.... Great lines, textures, and punchy tonality!
Hi DHart,
Thanks so much for your kind and friendly comments. I agree that there is something special about B&W even in today's color dominated world of digital imaging and photography. Best, :)