The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

JBurnett

It would be a beautiful print.
Thank-you, all. The suggestion of a print reminds me that I'm still trying to decide what to do about B&W prints. My Epson R800 has never been consistent for B&W, and it's limited in size of course (8.5 x 11"). I don't print a lot, but when I do, I'm looking for very good quality. So, what to do? DIY or service? Epson ABW (eg. 3880)? Service giclee? Piezography (K7 inks) at home (dedicated printer) or via service? Ilford "true" B&W at a service? Lamda fibre print?

JBurnett

Since i trashed my R800 and profiled my HP 9180 i do my own b&w fineart prints on Hahnemühle paper. Klaus
Thanks for the info, Klaus. The 9180 has been around for quite a while now (2006?) and seems to have a great reputation, especially for B&W. Longevity of a model can be a good thing, or perhaps worrisome. Is HP still committed to this market niche? On the plus side, it seems that a (possibly refurbished?) 9180 can be had here in Canada for only $159! On the minus side is the cost of the cartridges -- $42 each (that's not to say that feeding the R800 wasn't expensive, it was).

woodyspedden

Thanks for the info, Klaus. The 9180 has been around for quite a while now (2006?) and seems to have a great reputation, especially for B&W. Longevity of a model can be a good thing, or perhaps worrisome. Is HP still committed to this market niche? On the plus side, it seems that a (possibly refurbished?) 9180 can be had here in Canada for only $159! On the minus side is the cost of the cartridges -- $42 each (that's not to say that feeding the R800 wasn't expensive, it was).
John

You may want to look around for a 3800. Now that the 3880 is out there may be some bargains out there. This is one reliable printer and the ink set and software do really well with black and white

Woody

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I like this one a lot, Jordan.
Thanks, John. Much appreciated.

I had been hoping to take a photo of those buildings for a while, but could not get a clear, unobstructed view. Then, on my way from a meeting, I crossed a street on a pedestrian bridge, and there they were :)

kweide

In the darkest night her ghost walks thru the walls
to visit her lost lover

Olympus E-5 + Summilux 25 f1.4, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.4, 1/250 second, 25 mm focal length​

I don't have my G2 as yet so here's a film originated image shot on Ilford HP5 with a Canon AE1 and a Vivitar 75-300mm zoom. Taken at the very end of sunset. The print was toned blue in the darkroom.

[/url][/IMG]

f6cvalkyrie

One from a walk yesterday.
Shot with the G1 and a Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 40/2.8, wide open.
PP including IR B/W conversion and sepia toning in Corel Paintshop Pro Photo X2

C U,
Rafael

M5-Guy

Various lenses on my Leica M5
CV 28mm f/1.9 ASPH
CV 50mm f/1.1
ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar
I only own the ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar only now...
Either Plus-X, Delta Pro 100, or Acros 100, all souped in Kodak Xtol Stock to 1:3