The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iris flowers - Show your pics

Vullierens Castle is located near Morges, Switzerland, between Lausanne and Geneva. There is a unique collection of Iris, over 600 spcecies, flowering mainly in May-June. Do not miss it if you are in the region - Ça vaut le voyage. More information on http://www.jardindesiris.ch/

I shall keep adding more shots over time - add yours

Vaquina Blue - Kern Macro Switar on G1 - ISO=100, 1/2500, Developed in Raw Therapee

Diane B

Can they be Siberian Iris?--that's all I have in my garden--and haven't been elsewhere to shoot irises

"Blue Sky" Siberian Panasonic 45-200 f/5.6 1/250s ISO 200

unknown variety in the rain with Ruby Throated hummer
Konica 40 f/1.8 f/2.8 1/200s ISO100

Diane

Diane

Jonas

I happened to have a recent Iris on-line:

G1, Panasonic 25/1.4

I think that is an Iris Kirkwoodil, originating from the area around E of Turkey and NW of Iran. I don't take a lot of images of flowers but can't resist "B&W", or nearly B&W, beauties. A big stone sabotaged better composition. The LCD screen came to good use. Maybe that is nothing to mention but I was happy with it as I use it very seldom at all.

regards, /Jonas

Diane B

I love the Midnight Oil and the Kirkwoodii. I have lots of room to add 'flora' and have never explored German or 'bearded' irises (though I have my other 'passions' like viburnums and heucheras). I may have to try a few--lovely photos.

Diane

HansenTsang

I hope it is an Iris.;) I know I shot it with the G1 but can't remember the lens. I am guessing it was the Nikkor 55 mm f2.8 macro.:grin:

I happened to have a recent Iris on-line: I think that is an Iris Kirkwoodil, originating from the area around E of Turkey and NW of Iran. I don't take a lot of images of flowers but can't resist "B&W", or nearly B&W, beauties. A big stone sabotaged better composition. The LCD screen came to good use. Maybe that is nothing to mention but I was happy with it as I use it very seldom at all.
Beautiful iris and beautiful shot, Jonas.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

you all seems to have such "exotic" irisses. Are those cultivars ?? Or do they grow like that in nature too ?

Here in Belgium, it's mostly yellow :eek:

But they are in ample supply :

G1 with Hexanon AR 135mm f3.5 @ f11 1/60 iso100

C U,
Rafael​

leuallen

First post here.

Love the G1. Great macro camera. Have a 90mm f2.5 macro Tamron and use a 100-300 f4.0 ATX Tokina with tubes (OM mount). Use the ATX at 300mm a lot to knock out backgrounds. It focuses to about 6 ft. Seems sharp enough for me. Here is my Iris, don't know varieties, just shoot if it looks good. This was at 300mm, medium aperature 5.6-8.0. Don't think I had to use tubes on this.

I use reflectors and gobos to control the light. Reflector used here.

Larry

Forgot. Lots of Lightroom and CS4 work done on most of my images. Remove flower imperfections. On this Iris, the top petal had some ugly brown streaks along the edge. I don't strive for reality - prefer perfection. Spot be gone!