The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus Pen teaser

Brian Mosley

Thanks Jonas, I haven't looked at high ISO samples yet, but these are definitely cleaner than the G1 at 100 ISO.

Also, using Lightzone allows us to see how good the lenses are without software correction... and from these samples the 14-140 and 7-14 are doing pretty good!

Kind Regards

Brian

pellicle

Brian

Also, using Lightzone allows us to see how good the lenses are without software correction...
just wondering, I've not tried lightzone, but the effects seem similar to using Photomatix and tone mapping straight from the RW2 file. One doesn't need to go nuts with making a distorted HDR esque image.

For example I can take an image from this

to this

easily in Photomatix (and a little post processing for perspecitve in another editor, sorry I didn't save the intermediate only tone mapped image). It also saves an XMP file for me to repeat the process.

so are there other features to lightzone which are handy?

deckitout

Nice image, was that just one image tonemapped or multiple ?

Thanks

Brian

just wondering, I've not tried lightzone, but the effects seem similar to using Photomatix and tone mapping straight from the RW2 file. One doesn't need to go nuts with making a distorted HDR esque image.

easily in Photomatix (and a little post processing for perspecitve in another editor, sorry I didn't save the intermediate only tone mapped image). It also saves an XMP file for me to repeat the process.

so are there other features to lightzone which are handy?

Brian Mosley

The image I posted was straight from the raw file, downloaded from this site.

The image above, judging by the frozen walkers is likely to have been from a single image also (although PhotoAcute will remove subsequent moving figures from a stack)

Kind Regards

Brian

P

PeterLeyssens

I have Ricoh GX-100 and GX-200 and cannot work without the EVF - lots of reasons but (snip...)

I need to see the histogram live as I take the picture.
Oly could make something like the horizontal bar from the OM3/4, but adapt it to the mFT to show additional info ? They could use a 3x2 proportioned LCD EVF and use the right side to show not only shutter speed and such parameters, but also the histogram. Turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise: the top of the histogram is the highlights, the bottom is the shadow areas. It would fit nicely next to the image, because an LCD with 3x2 proportions is wider than the 4x3 proportions of the image. The histogram and other data would not have to overlap with the image, which I always consider distracting.

Peter.

pellicle

Hi

Nice image, was that just one image tonemapped or multiple ?
yes ... just tone mapped. As this whole RAW thing is very much in development I keep looking at ways to make my RAW images into better looking images than just accepting the basic processing. ACR is good but I'm stuck on an older version due to budget restrictions (well ... ok I spend it on other gear) ;-)