The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few with the Macro Switar 75/1.9....

apicius9

I hesitated a long time to buy this because it is usually out of my personal price range at this point, but then I got one for the entry bid on ebay and I am glad I bought it. Here just a few more quick shots from today at the farmers' market in Honolulu (already posted some in the 50mm thread). I sometimes found it hard to focus because it was very bright outside and I wished I had a larger eyepiece for the viewfinder. I still have to 're-learn' manual focusing and not hiding behind the superzoom lens, but it is a lot of fun. These are jpgs, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied. I'd love to hear comments, I'm here to learn.

Stefan

R

Ranger 9

Well, in general they look terrific -- although it's hard to tell how much of that is down to the lens, how much down to Picasa's auto-sharpen and auto-contrast, how much down to appealing subject matter, and how much down to a good eye... mostly the last, I suspect.

Obviously you weren't having much trouble with manual focusing on these shots!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I hesitated a long time to buy this because it is usually out of my personal price range at this point, but then I got one for the entry bid on ebay and I am glad I bought it. Here just a few more quick shots from today at the farmers' market in Honolulu (already posted some in the 50mm thread). I sometimes found it hard to focus because it was very bright outside and I wished I had a larger eyepiece for the viewfinder. I still have to 're-learn' manual focusing and not hiding behind the superzoom lens, but it is a lot of fun. These are jpgs, only automatic sharpening and contrast in Picasa applied. I'd love to hear comments, I'm here to learn.

Stefan
Stefan - you've pushed me over. I'm going to have to get one of these lenses, if I can find one :cry:

Manual focus on the G1 gets easier the more you use it. I didn't think I would ever go back to manual - now it is my normal way of operating :)

Keith