The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

South West Crete with E3

jonoslack

Hi there
It's taken 6 months to get around to it, and some of the pictures have been up for a while, but I've finally finished processing the shots from our Crete trip last September. All take with the lovely E3, mostly with the 12-60.

South West Crete

Diane B

I went through most of them--in Details I like 21, 28, 37 and 45 and I really liked the Sweetwater Fishermen. Of course, there's really not a bad one, but there are just some I picked out.

Diane

jonoslack

I went through most of them--in Details I like 21, 28, 37 and 45 and I really liked the Sweetwater Fishermen. Of course, there's really not a bad one, but there are just some I picked out.

Diane
Thanks Diane - The fisherman were fun - something to do on a lazy afternoon on the beach.

m3photo

Re: Black and white skies

Thanks - especially for that the black and white skies are a new departure, I'm working more and more on them, so it's nice to know that you liked them.
Not only like them to look at but to create them for myself too. I'm always pleased to see the results of skies taken with the G1.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very solid performance there, Jono. I like the way you use contrasty/uneven lighting to your advantage. The E-3 seems to handle that challenge rather well too.

I've always been told that Crete is a "tourist ghetto". That is apparently only half the truth. Your photos look like invitations to visit the island.

woodyspedden

Hi there
It's taken 6 months to get around to it, and some of the pictures have been up for a while, but I've finally finished processing the shots from our Crete trip last September. All take with the lovely E3, mostly with the 12-60.

South West Crete
Jono

Every time I see your images from the E3 i get envious. You seem to have a love affair with this camera and captures are just great. I love the color palette of this body and one of these days i am going to try one out seriously. It doesn't have the funky greens of the nikons

Woody

jonoslack

Re: Black and white skies

Not only like them to look at but to create them for myself too. I'm always pleased to see the results of skies taken with the G1.
HI there - that's lovely - those high drama landscapes are great fun aren't they.
I'm not sure what I'd do without silver efex pro

jonoslack

Very solid performance there, Jono. I like the way you use contrasty/uneven lighting to your advantage. The E-3 seems to handle that challenge rather well too.

I've always been told that Crete is a "tourist ghetto". That is apparently only half the truth. Your photos look like invitations to visit the island.
Thanks Jorgen
The rule with the E3 is not to over-expose, as you lose highlight detail very quickly - I like it. At the moment I'm playing with the little E620, which is great to use, and has the same colour as the E3.

There is lots of Crete that is a tourist ghetto, but where we go, which is on the south coast, where the White Mountains come right down to the sea, there aren't really any roads worth speaking of. To get there it's a 1.1/2 hour drive from Chania to Sfakia, which is fine, and then there is a boat trip to Loutro and a walk or another boat to Finnix (where we stay). Flights to Chania are on a Tuesday - it doesn't really suit the lager lout tourist brigade. Added to which, there's only one bar open after 11pm, no nightclubs, and everything is very small.

jonoslack

Jono

Every time I see your images from the E3 i get envious. You seem to have a love affair with this camera and captures are just great. I love the color palette of this body and one of these days i am going to try one out seriously. It doesn't have the funky greens of the nikons

Woody
Thanks Woody. Olympus really do colour well - I simply don't fiddle with it, so I don't deserve much credit. I hear you about the funky greens of the nikons - fine cameras, but I simply didn't like the colour for the sort of nature stuff I do.