The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware update for kit lens

I read in a German forum that there are new firmware release for the kit lens. Anyone tried it?

Firmware v1.1 für Panasonic Lumix G Vario 3,5-5,6/14-45 mm ASPH. / O.I.S.

Supposed to improve:

• Improved Auto Focus performance in [AFC] mode.
  • Improved Auto Focus performance in Motion Picture recording.
    * Please note that Auto Focus in [FHD] does not work.
  • Improved the stability of O.I.S. in Motion Picture recording. (except [FHD] mode)
  • Decreased the operation noise of the aperture in Motion Picture recording. (except [FHD] mode)

Cheers
Peter

R

Ranger 9

Yup, here's the link to the Panasonic Global Support version:

It looks as if most of the features are targeted at GH1 users, but improved AFC performance would be nice for anyone.

Interesting (and positive) that they are so prompt in adding video-specific enhancements to the 14-45, even though 80% of GH1 production is going to be sold with the 14-140 lens.

Godfrey

downloaded and installed. Can't really tell if it works better, but it doesn't work any worse. ;-)

Yep, did the same. No problems; no noticeable difference either.

Now, if only Panasonic could follow up their new Leica lens adapters with a body firmware upgrade that simplifies manual focussing (extensively discussed here a while ago).....