The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MFT fast do it all lens?

Rawfa

Hi fellas, I've been toying with the idea of getting a G1 (since there seems to be a lot of people trying to sell them the price has droped) and I was wondering if there's such a thing as 28-80mm f2.8 (35mm equivalent) around.

pellicle

I was wondering if there's such a thing as 28-80mm f2.8 (35mm equivalent) around.
I think the older Canon FD is 35 ~ 80 ... but big and bright is modern and electric normally ... I'm really quite pleased with the light kit lens ... its not bad

iiiNelson

Not currently but if you don't mind adapted lenses the Olympus 4/3 Zuiko 14-54 mk II has a 2.8-3.5 range I believe. It would give you a 28-108mm range.

M

milapse

The nikon 17-35/2.8 is right in that range and still an amazing lens imho... But it's tough to handle on the G1. Weighs about 1.5x the camera!

m3photo

... and I was wondering if there's such a thing as 28-80mm f2.8 (35mm equivalent) around.
The kit lens is a 28-90 equivalent and although it's slower by aperture so-to-speak it's very well stabilized so you'll find you can perhaps get more out of it than even an f/2 without stabilization built in. This lens also delivers very good images as it's sending more info than you might think to its parent sensor.