The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus micro 4/3ds a few weeks away

DavidL

Just got this from Olympus Pro

"The countdown is on: only a few weeks remain before Olympus’ first Micro Four Thirds camera hits the world stage! If you want to be one of the first to access details about the new model and the revolutionary Micro Four Thirds System, now’s your chance!

The new system complements the existing Four Thirds Standard with extremely compact bodies and lenses boasting the ultimate in imaging performance. This way, new and old Olympus fans can choose between two product families both dedicated to the needs of digital photography."

Brian Mosley

"lenses boasting the ultimate in imaging performance" I like the sound of that! :D

Thanks for the news...

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

Its marketing lala
Of course it is.
Good marketing lala though :)

hmmm.

mid range body (rather than economy model) (possibly weathersealed)
LCD viewfinder - no EVF
no built in flash
attachment viewfinders (don't know if they're optical or electronic)
slightly bigger than a G10
video
five new lenses including 'some wide fast primes' and some zooms
retro styling (think pen f)

price with kit zoom around £800

But they're being really secretive about it - and successfully too!

Rawfa

I just want this baby to be out and that the rumors on rumor43 are right..well I wouldn't mind if it could shoot 1080 24p at a high bit rate and if it was a bit cheaper :)

Brian Mosley

Aaargh, the virus is spreading... Web site for Sun readers :rolleyes:

I don't know about weathersealed... but we can hope!

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

Aaargh, the virus is spreading... Web site for Sun readers :rolleyes:

I don't know about weathersealed... but we can hope!

Cheers

Brian
HI Brian
I'm not sure either . . . but 'they know it's important' and 'it isn't a base model'

I think it's 720 video though (is that right) not 1080 anyway.

erm. but of course, I'm only guessing:)

monza

Via dpreview: "Olympus UK has told us there will be a public hands-on event in London on June 25th at a venue to be announced soon. We'll bring you more details as soon as we have them."

pellicle

I found this on the 'sun website' - from the BJP, might interest some:

Olympus event in Berlin
now wouldn't it be nice if the camera had some good black and white capability? Do you think anyone would have the guts to have a fully black and white camera like the DCS 760n?

or something a movable IR filter (like the Sony 707 in night mode) for really nice IR black and white?

back to dreaming ...

jonoslack

now wouldn't it be nice if the camera had some good black and white capability? Do you think anyone would have the guts to have a fully black and white camera like the DCS 760n?

or something a movable IR filter (like the Sony 707 in night mode) for really nice IR black and white?

back to dreaming ...
Hi There
Whilst it's very tempting, to be honest, nowadays, I like to do my black and white in post processing - it allows you to add colour filters retrospectively which you can't do with in-camera black and white.

Mind you, like you, I would grab a black and white camera immediately (because of the hugely reduced resolution created by the lack of a Bayer filter).

gDallasK

Hmmmm ....

I wonder if the sensor will be EXACTLY the same as that of the G1? It would be great if the issue of poor corner sharpness with wide Leica-M bayonet lenses were resolved. My G1 is fantastic with any Leica glass over 50mm and almost unusable with anything below 35mm. I might even be persuaded to get over losing the articulated LCD and EVF (which I really like) of my G1 if the corner sharpness got fixed by the Oly camera..

Brian Mosley

back to dreaming ...
Check out the DP1 - useless for colour imho, but delightful for B&W!

Sigma DP1
1/40s f/8.0 at 16.6mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian