The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Roses - Show yours

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love them all!

What a wonderful thread this is:

I guess roses bring out the best photographic skills in anyone. What's going to happen when the rose season is over? I'm from Canada, and there things don't happen all year round.
It also looks as if photographers are very often good gardeners!
:salute:

Well done everyone

Keith

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
thanks, Bill, for your appreciation !

Here's two more shots of wild roses in the back of my garden.
My wife likes likes to collect the leaves to make tea or marmelade, so I have to hurry to make my pics first :D

G with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.5 @ f8

C U,
Rafael
Raf, Gorgeous rose photos. The first of this last set is my favorite.
This whole thread is full of wonderful photography. I hope that we can keep it going for a while.

C

cwilt

G1 + 14-45 kit lens + front element from a survey instrument
I repair and calibrate survey instruments and just happen to have a few lenses laying around.:)

m3photo

Old Roses

These are past their sell-by date but have a certain beauty all the same.
G1+200mm Nikkor - 15seconds@f/22 - Natural light.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Old Roses

These are past their sell-by date but have a certain beauty all the same.
G1+200mm Nikkor - 15seconds@f/22 - Natural light.
Yes right, we must not forget the beauty in the decline of things. I am (getting) old. :toocool:
Michiel

My latest rose with the VC Nokton 50mm/1.4 has a special colour, I think.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: I love them all!

What a wonderful thread this is:

I guess roses bring out the best photographic skills in anyone. What's going to happen when the rose season is over? I'm from Canada, and there things don't happen all year round.
It also looks as if photographers are very often good gardeners!
:salute:

Well done everyone

Keith
Thank you Keith for your kind comments! (Also before)

Their must be some roses in Canada. :) Rose are very easy; give them horse**** (excuse me) in wintertime and trim them constantly.

Going to Canada, Toronto, the 16th to my dear sister, one of my nieces is getting married and she has three daughters, so I am there on a regular basis.:ROTFL:
This is the second one getting married within two years. Keeps me busy :D
Still figuring out how to travel light, I mean what should I not take with me.:D

Greetings, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: I love them all!

Going to Canada, Toronto, the 16th to my dear sister, one of my nieces is getting married and she has three daughters, so I am there on a regular basis.:ROTFL:
This is the second one getting married within two years. Keeps me busy :D
Still figuring out how to travel light, I mean what should I not take with me.:D

Greetings, Michiel
Michiel - which month? If its June you are already here :D
I would say we are having a wet summer with temperatures going as low as 17 degrees. Rain for the next week. Don't need many clothes - just bring a lot of cameras, plenty to shoot!

I just realized that although I don't grow roses, I buy my wife a bunch every year on our anniversary - so I'm going into the Lightroom library to see what I can find :ROTFL:

Keith

f6cvalkyrie

two more from the wild roses in the back of my garden :

G1 with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8 @ f8 iso100

C U,
Rafael

Michiel Schierbeek

My house seems to be atractive to lenses. :D

Another Rose with another lens. This is one of our own roses on the terras.

Greetings, Michiel

Carl Zeiss Biotar 58/2

back alley

no great art but...these are the first flower images i have made in maybe 30 years and these are the very first roses that i have ever grown!

f6cvalkyrie

It's been a long time since any roses have been posted.
Extra-ordinary, I still have flowering roses in my garden. Our planet is definitely warming up !

Here's a few

(G1 with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.8, wide open, on tripod)

(G1 with Nikkor 180/2.8 ED, my new lens that arrived today, also wide open)

(G1 with 180/2.8 ED, wide open)

C U,
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

Our autumn is quite windy but the temperatures are soft, so I was not surprised to find more roses in the botanical garden in Leuven yesterday.

Here's a shot with the Nikkor 50/1.4, wide open

CU,
Rafael

A

awty

1. Nikon Nikkor 85mm f2 .... a little out of focus, maybe should be in the bokeh thread.

2. Nikon Nikkor Micro 55mm f2.8......damn Affords