The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Roses - Show yours

Yves Saint Laurent Rose by Meilland (1997)

Species not known

Species not known

All pictures taken with Kern Macro Switar 26mm/1.1 on G1, developed in Raw Therapee and resized in Gimp

Lens Technical Data :
Mount: C-Mount
Needs Machining : No
Coverage : Slight vignetting in 4/3 format
Smearing : No

hot

20 years old rose bush, simply red, after rain
no postprocessing, - as is, only resized, Vivitar 28mm, 1.9

cjlacz

One from a couple weeks ago near the Thai festival. Taken with the E-510, 50-200 and an extension tube.

f6cvalkyrie

Just back from the garden, where shot these with the Nikon 105mm f2.5 on bellows. No cropping at all.

C U,
Rafael

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank, Jono. You just can't beat that Oly 50 f/2 macro lens!
Bill, I really like the rendering of the red in yours.

Michiel Schierbeek

I am really getting mad at myself :banghead: of all those wrong spellings and typos, but please realize English is not my native language. This in combination with clumsy typing make me typeeverywer and type in my for last post 60mm Leica, while I don't even have that lens. (Would like to though)
Should have been 90 mm, must have been looking upside down at my monitor.
Cheers, Michiel

f6cvalkyrie

Lovely flowers and lovely shots here by everyone !!

Let me add some white roses that I shot yesterday in the botanic garden :

C U,
Rafael (who feels like getting married with all these white roses ;))

Michiel Schierbeek

Excuse me that I impose myself with another post, but I happen to be rather busy with photography these days and this is a hospitable forum, I believe. BTW I ment holy grail in the other post :banghead:
Kind regards, Michiel

G1 with Meyer Lydith 30mm 1:3.5
]

Bill Gordon

Raf, all three of your images are very nice but the first one is my favourite. You have the right amount of DPF to accentuate not only the flowers but the background as well. Great shot!!

f6cvalkyrie

thanks, Bill, for your appreciation !

Here's two more shots of wild roses in the back of my garden.
My wife likes likes to collect the leaves to make tea or marmelade, so I have to hurry to make my pics first :D

G with Micro-Nikkor 55/2.5 @ f8

C U,
Rafael