The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Swallow Doff City housing.

Michiel Schierbeek

On whit sunday and monday I stayed with my mother in law and played with some of her collection of small objects. I could have fallen a sleep otherwise.
I had with me a Olympus OM lens 50mm/1.8 and a panagoor macro converter for 50 mm lenses I wanted to try.
Or I don't know how to use it or it is just plain worthless. So ingredebly soft.
I brought some other lenses to but forgot the adapters :clap: so I only shot with this Olympus lens these days. Did a lot of flowers too.
Anyway all shots in this little story are done with the OM50mm/1.8 wide open.
Hope you enjoy. Michiel

****A NEW HOUSE FOR MAY PENG IN SWALLOW DOFF CITY****

" Hi, I am May Peng and I am looking for house in SWD City ".

" I think I found it, even in old chinese style ".

" What do you think, isn't it nice? ".

" Thank you angel, you helped me so much! ".

" I can even have animals here, I think it's great! ".

" You see, I even have a little barn! ".

" This is Ulla from whom I bought the house. She had grown out of it ".

" She was really sad to leave ".

" Here we made the deal and exchanged some presents. You see how large she is! ".

FIN​

kweide

What a cool collection. Small world we looked into. Thanx for that view. BTW: Do you have the number of the cute chinese or is she japanese girl ??? What a terrific model.....:ROTFL:
Okay, i now learned that you play with little dolls ??? :):ROTFL::D:D:D:ROTFL::ROTFL:

D

ddk

Visiting the mother in law... I can see that you're in pain here, I guess this was better than pulling your hair out or using your sac as a pin cushion!

kweide

Okay, i have to apologize.....dont ever make fun of someone..... :ROTFL:

I play with dolls too...... prruhst..lol

Michiel Schierbeek

What a cool collection. Small world we looked into. Thanx for that view. BTW: Do you have the number of the cute chinese or is she japanese girl ??? What a terrific model.....:ROTFL:
Okay, i now learned that you play with little dolls ??? :):ROTFL::D:D:D:ROTFL::ROTFL:
I think it is Ulla who needs a supporting partner right now. Her number is 008450209785428919 :LOL: She is toll when she is happy :ROTFL:

Michiel Schierbeek

Swallow Doff City. Episode II

**** SWALLOW DOFF CITY. Episode II ****​

" Hello I am Mary Maid and I was looking for a house in Swallow Doff City too. I definitly need a swimming pool! "

" And I found it! I just love it!. "

" Sometimes I dream that the boat with fresh fruits arrives, then I wake up and I am all wet and dizzy! "

FIN​

kweide

Great collection. The only collection we have are: Necrons ( Warhammer2000 ) and those dont look friendly and some dolls from "Kinder-Überraschungseier"... you know ??
This is how they look
Necron Lord ( what a contrast ! )

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Great collection. The only collection we have are: Necrons ( Warhammer2000 ) and those dont look friendly and some dolls from "Kinder-Überraschungseier"... you know ??
You can make storys with Necrons too, although it does sound heavy, but then you can make heavy storys.:LOL:
Actually I don't know anything about this stuff. It is just random kitch or camp from hollidays etc. Some people love lots of little things and now I love them too to play with. :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Tomorrow I am going to the beach and built sandcastles. :)
Oh no I have to work! :grin:
Michiel

kweide

Thats really an idea. As i always say: Be like the children, play ! Yes i will do that...and perhaps my creativity will give me new perspectives... and pictures as well. Have to ask my son, whether he has some free time for his old father... :)

Winkel

Michiel - Excellent way to pass the time. I think this is something I can do at my mother-in-law's;)

This definitely sent me into a short daydream while at work. But like you Bill, I cannot view the story-board on my Mac either - not sure why.

Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel - Excellent way to pass the time. I think this is something I can do at my mother-in-law's;)

This definitely sent me into a short daydream while at work. But like you Bill, I cannot view the story-board on my Mac either - not sure why.

Jim
Your mother in law could be my sister. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Bill and Jim, I don't know either why they don't show on a Mac. They are regulary JPegs made in PS.
Someone got a clue?
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Let me tell you some more about Swallow Doff City.
This small town, deep in the South-West, was found in the late 19th century by golddiggers and fortune seekers.
Because of the heat, the air is always vibrating. This in combination with continious little sandstorms creates a permanent limited sight.
Nowadays, it is a quiet town populated by people who don’t want to look to deep into things.
Relaxed people. They just want to focus on one subject at a time. They want concentration.
It is all very explainable.
Todays mayor of SWD City is Dwight Doff, one of the old familys and directly related to one of the founding fathers of thids town. And he is the uncle of Dorah Doff who is looking for a house in SWD City together with Mary Swallow. They have been living in the big city. They have grown so pale over the years you can hardly see them. Time for a tan!
And they both believe it is time to focus on the things they want to see.

**** SWALLOW DOFF CITY HOUSING Episode III ****​

" We are looking for a house too in SWD City. I am Mrs. Mary Swallow, on the left, and on the right my dear friend Dorah Doff. "

" We were both looking at the same real estate. "

" An old Amsterdam canalhouse spreng to our minds. "

" Although we were also thinking of something more experimental. "

" Something modern, inspired by the old Turkisch livings in Cappadocia. "

" Oh no Dorah... there is that bloody swan again. "

" I want us to decide Mary; what will it be Amsterdam or Cappadocia? "

" I don't know Dorah, I just prefer modern architecture. "

" Cappadocia it will be Mary; there is enough traditional design in Doff city already. "

FIN