The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My 7-14 arrived.....

Terry

Diane,
I only took the three Pansonic G1 lenses with me. That plus the body really didn't take up much space in my bag. The only other lens I'm considering for Iceland is the Oly pancake. I am not taking the 25 lux. On my Sony kit, I took 4 lenses: 12-24, 24-70, 70-300 and 135. I left the 24-105 which is a great walk around lens at home.
Also, I was working off a tripod about half of the time, so it is nice to have a second camera going.

In the slot canyons, next time, I would NOT bring the Sony in unless I had a private viewing (LOL). The tilting LCD with live view made shooting at odd angles with lots of people MUCH easier.

iiiNelson

The new version of the Adobe DNG converter does 'ordinary' DNG conversions - no longer those huge 'half cooked' linear files. They don't have the lens corrections in them (for better or worse)
Well when you leave them in Lightroom they stay in the 10-15 MB range and have the corrections to begin with. :)

The reason the Linear are so large is it layers 3 images on top of each other I believe for RGB purposes... I believe that was the way it was explained. I just like Lightroom personally and it's easy and quick to get into for my purposes. That's not to say other programs are worse but LR2 does what I need it to do and works great with both of my cameras. That said I know you're pretty much into Aperture (and I like it too) but I wouldn't let my software dictate my use of a product - fully. That's just my thing though... No offense toward you.