The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 is out....

slosync

I tried the Hawk c-mount/Pen F adapter, the Milich LTM, and the Milich M adapter, they all fit fine. The Jinfinance Pen F adapter would not mount at all, there is some conflict that prevents it from turning onto the bayonet.
I had the same or similar problem with a new Jinfinance Pen F adapter on my G1. I suspect it the same problem. I corrected by filing the 3 flanges on the adapter. Here's an email from RJ he sent me when I told him about the problem.

Don

Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 10:58 PM
To: Don Michael
Subject: Re: Olympus pen F penF to Panasonic G1 GH1 m4/3 adapter

Hi Don,

Thanks for the message, and sorry about that...

We did made the flange a little thick than before (about 0.15mm thicker), although it still fits our G1 camera... it does feel a little tight, but I suspect my G1 camera mount might be a little loose, since it's primarily used for engeering adapters...

one of my Japanese customer modify the flange himself... see the attached picture... if you can do it , that's great... be sure to do it little by little... if not, please return it to us, and I will get you another one..

Sorry again for all the troubles...

note that surprisingly, my Japanese customer tell me this 'tight' adapter fits the new GH1 though :)

best,

R.J.

Rick Waldroup

Thanks for the info, Monza. My wife and I will be driving down from Granbury on Saturday, July 25, and we are spending the night in Austin. I will stop by the store and maybe I can handle one in person. Thanks once again.

monza

I didn't know this at the time to check it out, but apparently manual lens focal lengths can be entered into the camera for EXIF and IS purposes (as posted on kenrockwell.com.)

Lili

Having read more and seen samples I am quite taken with the Digi-Pen.
I find, in most conditions, I like using LCD framing.
1-my periphial vision is clear so I may see what is moving into view
2-People are far less threatened by this; your face is not covered and the pose is one most have come to associate with cameraphone users. So common it draws little note
3-It appears the LCD is quite good at being viewed over a wide anlge, one can do accurate 'hail Mary' shots.
With the 17mm it gives a FOV very like that of my Hexar AF, a very big point for me.
I am saving already for this one ;)

Lars

Well, I wouldn't swap the size and looks for an EVF and a flash - so I think I'll go with the one we've got (imaginary cameras don't take good pictures:)
I would. Can't stand the idea of having to use reading glasses to manual focus.

jonoslack

I would. Can't stand the idea of having to use reading glasses to manual focus.
paf - stop whinging and use contact lenses :ROTFL:

Seriously, this camera is a compromise, just not as much of a compromise as a d-lux4. I don't much like composing on an LCD, but I don't like doing it on an EVF either, and adding a dreary viewfinder and a rubbish on board flash doesn't seem to me to be a good swap for a larger camera

helenhill

paf - stop whinging and use contact lenses :ROTFL:

Seriously, this camera is a compromise, just not as much of a compromise as a d-lux4. I don't much like composing on an LCD, but I don't like doing it on an EVF either, and adding a dreary viewfinder and a rubbish on board flash doesn't seem to me to be a good swap for a larger camera
I do have to AGREE. :)

davemillier

The only important question for ma about this camera is:

Is the image quality at base Iso good enough so that with the camera mounted on a tripod it can produce 15 x 10 inch prints of landscapes as good as my 5D. if it is I can retire my 5D from that role because with a little camera I don;t mind carrying a tripod.

A

azul123

5D is fullframe and E-P1 is 2x crop, your choices of fast WA lens are limited.

../azul123

etrigan63

Well, the OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 I snagged on Ebay arrived today. Thing of beauty and simplicity. I hope to have an E-P1 + OM adapter to try it out on soon.