The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

adapters for G1 arrived

C

cwilt

First shot

Nikon 105DC at f/2 and fading light.

Second shot

45P at 2.8

Last edited:

greypilgrim

I also want to know which adapter you bought. I would prefer a single adapter, but the Rayqual is pricey (>$190) and the other single adapters are unknown to me in quality. This leaves the two adapter solution form Jinfinance.

Did you play with the defocus control with live view on the 105DC?

I like the 45 picture (I have one as well); it will be interesting to have a pancake be a portrait length equivalent :).

Doug

C

cwilt

I have the adapters from jinfinance. They are good quality and those two lenses focus just past infinity.

I did not have time to try DC function but it is high on my priority list. Using the 45 as a portait lens was my plan. It should be good for that.

pellicle

Re: Two adapter solution from Jinfinance

Hi

I opted for this combination. Works fine for my Nikkor lenses.
having OM and FD lenses I'm tempted by this two piece derangement, it might work out cheaper than multiple adaptors.

I'm thinking I'll give it a go, but the issue for me is that right now I only have OM and FD ... and I also have an FD adaptor from Ceicio7

C

cwilt

A few more.

105DC this time using the DC function.

60 micro AF-D, horrible manual focus feel though

60 micro again

80-400VR at 400mm. handheld at 1/320

C

cwilt

Thanks. Its a lot of fun playing with lenses on the G1. Really makes me want to go buy some true manual focus glass just for the feel of it.

RonSmith

Great shots!

I recently got a Rayqual Nikon F adapter for my G1, but here's why I got the G1 in the first place ...

m3photo

Re: Leica

... but here's why I got the G1 in the first place ...
Right, so have you any comments on how these fare on a G1 vs on an M8?

It would be also interesting to see future comparisons between an EP-1 with 17mm and the M8 with say the 28mm.

greypilgrim

Thanks for sharing. My G1 arrived last night, and now I cannot wait for my adapter (which is one reason I got the G1). Lenses I am going to try:

20 f3.5 (plus a k1 extension ring :) )
28 f2
35 f2
45 f2.8
105 f2.5
75-150 f3.5
200 f4
105 f4 macro
sigma 105 f2.8 macro

various extension rings

Fun ahead :D

C

cwilt

A couple from the makinon 500 reflex I purchased today at the local used dealer. Also got an Oly 28mm but ran out of time to play with it.

Not looking for anything great from this lens. Just after that mirror lens character and reach. These were handheld at 1/60th and 1/200 respectively.

hot

Nice to use Canon EOS lenses with G1/GH1 ... no I'm waiting for my Konica adapter.