The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small 20mm equivalent for m4/3?

Rawfa

Is there a lens out there with a 20mm equivalence (should be a 10mm micro four thirds) that is small, portable and that can be used on the micro 4/3 system via adapter? I'd really like to have a 20mm fov with the E-P1 with a small compact lens.

slosync

Rawfa

Thanks, Don. I've checked out the Cinegon 10mm/F1.8 and even though the performance looks great, it's a massive lens. It doesn't necessarily have to be 10mm. It can be less than that.
I'm going to take a look the compatibility chart you've posted.

woodyspedden

Rafa

Don't overlook the 20mm lens from Cosina Voightlander made for the Nikon F mount. I think it does a terrific job on my D3 and D3X but I don't have a micro 4/3 for testing.

Woody

pellicle

Rafa

Don't overlook the 20mm lens from Cosina Voightlander made for the Nikon F mount. I think it does a terrific job on my D3 and D3X but I don't have a micro 4/3 for testing.

Woody
which is of course effectively a 40mm lens on a 4/3rds sensor ... and since the poster was asking about equivalent focal lengths I guess he was meaning something that will make an image as wide as that looks.

to rawfa I'm using a C-mount lens too, but its quite cheap. its 12mm but sadly does not have full frame coverage. This is it beside my Olympus 21mm

and here's a sample image

R

Ranger 9

This isn't what the poster wanted to hear, most likely... but if you need full frame coverage and good image quality, the easiest thing might just be to get the Pana 7-14.

Not exactly small, and not exactly cheap. Sounds like the old joke about offset printing: "Good... fast... cheap... pick any two."

V

Vivek

This isn't what the poster wanted to hear, most likely... but if you need full frame coverage and good image quality, the easiest thing might just be to get the Pana 7-14.

Not exactly small, and not exactly cheap. Sounds like the old joke about offset printing: "Good... fast... cheap... pick any two."
Yes. Unless you go to the trouble of making your own "small, fast, wide" prime,
there isn't anything in c-mount that I am aware of.

FWIW, I had a 9.8/1.8 Kinoptik Tegea lens (~1.5Kgs, >80mm dia front element).

wjlapier

I doubt you'll find a 10mm c mount that will cover the whole sensor, or will be free of the smearing that so often plagues these lenses.

Look to 35mm format arris for your super wide needs, or as someone said, the Pana 7-14.

Or consider the Nikon 10.5/2.8 fisheye. It will cover the sensor.

V

valtof

has anyone used the cv 12 on the g1?
The CV12 does quit a good job on the G1 even if it's not as good as the Lumix 14-45@14mm.
And after all, a lens equivalent to f:5.6/24mm doesn't sound really exciting !
Nothing relevant to show you, all is taken at f:5.6, focus set to infinity, and processed in LR.
I'm really waiting for the Lumix 7-14 to be available in France...
Cheers

M

milapse

Thanks, Don. I've checked out the Cinegon 10mm/F1.8 and even though the performance looks great, it's a massive lens. It doesn't necessarily have to be 10mm. It can be less than that.
I'm going to take a look the compatibility chart you've posted.
Massive? it fits into a very small space! Flare is it's biggest weakness imho...