The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EP-1 vs G1 image Quality

jonoslack

They will both make fine photos. Until the E-P1 ships with final fw, it's foolish to try to compare them at this level with regard to IQ.

Decide between them for the present on the basis of features and form factor.
Hi Godfrey
My dealer in the UK emailed me today saying that they had my camera waiting for me - presumably they aren't selling me a pre-production camera!

As I understood it, it's the same basic sensor but with a lighter AA filter than the E30

hot

Looking at the EP-1 specs it says it will do 16x9 but I wonder if it's at full res or just a crop.
hmmm, reading E-P1 User Manual it seems E-P1 ONLY knows 4:3 (and video 16:9) ... or I am blind ?

R

Ranger 9

Jesus Christ, the camera isn't even out yet and people are already destroying it. This type of reaction is really beyond me.
Meanwhile, even though it isn't out yet, other people have convinced themselves it's the most wonderful thing ever. That's beyond me, too, but it's happening...

mod2001

hmmm, reading E-P1 User Manual it seems E-P1 ONLY knows 4:3 (and video 16:9) ... or I am blind ?
Specs from their site:

4:3(Default)/3:2/16:9/6:6

btw, i have the Pen F to G1/GH1 Adapter, will it work on the EP-1 too?

Yogi

Diane B

Brian, a question (I haven't worked my way completely through your review and sample gallery yet). One--you say that any 4/3rds lens is usable on the EP-1. Is this with the Oly adaptor?? Will the MA-1 adaptor work to use the Oly 9-18? You say that any adaptor will work--I'm using that with my Konica Hexanon 40 f/1.7 and the 9-18. I would rather NOT buy the Oly adaptor--and likely won't use any other Oly 4/3rds lenses with the EP-1--or whatever comes next from them (which I may wait for--or whatever comes next from Panasonic).

Diane

Brian Mosley

Hi Diane - yes, I'm using my Panasonic 4/3rds adapter with the E-P1. No need to buy an Oly one if you already have the Pany one :)

I'm out again tomorrow in Sheffield with local Safari Group members, and will
encourage them to post their own (unedited) impressions of the camera to our review diary.

Also, I'll create an index to make it easier to navigate to your topic of interest. Please bear with the format - this is just raw information and answers to your questions :)

Kind Regards

Brian