The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having fun with the E-P1

scho

All nice Carl. Since I love monos, particularly drawn to the 1st--nice tones, detail.
Thanks Diane. I don't know the name of that particular plant, but the strong texture of the leaves makes it a good subject for monochrome rendition. I used SEP for B&W conversion and a custom split tone curve that yields warm mid tones and neutral highlights.

Diane B

Thanks Diane. I don't know the name of that particular plant, but the strong texture of the leaves makes it a good subject for monochrome rendition. I used SEP for B&W conversion and a custom split tone curve that yields warm mid tones and neutral highlights.
That's interesting. I have those same curves saved and have used (but not recently)--as well as Ken Lee's (and his duotones). I'll have to go back and revisit.

Brian Mosley

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just got an E-P1 yesterday and am getting it set up. I used the kit lens today to see if I could capture butterflies. I really liked the close focus distance of this lens.

E-P1 with kit zoom ISO 100 f/5.6 1/640 seconds, RAW/C1

tom in mpls

This damned camera is too good. I haven't taken many pics yet, but my wife is impressed that they are better than I was getting from my Canon 5D/5D2.

Both pics from my soggy vacation, shot with the kit 14-42.

Last edited:

Leica 77

This damned camera is too good. I haven't taken many pics yet, but my wife is impressed that they are better than I was getting from my Canon 5D/5D2.

Both pics from my soggy vacation, shot with the kit 14-42.

Hello tom in mpls,
Nice and clear details! All the best, Leica 77 :)

nostatic

On vacation in Big Bear. I really like using this camera. Shot jpg (horror!) and mostly no pp at all.

Last edited:

ricseet

Hi Cindy, how are you keeping?
Great shot with the EP1 - lovely colors and details.

cheers

ric

I just got an E-P1 yesterday and am getting it set up. I used the kit lens today to see if I could capture butterflies. I really liked the close focus distance of this lens.

E-P1 with kit zoom ISO 100 f/5.6 1/640 seconds, RAW/C1