The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Having fun with the E-P1

slosync

Orchids. E-P1 + FL-14 used off camera with TTL cable for bounce flash.

I recognize those - They are rare Hikey Orchids:ROTFL:

Actually that is an interesting picture.... Did you replace the background?

Cheers,
Don

scho

I recognize those - They are rare Hikey Orchids:ROTFL:

Actually that is an interesting picture.... Did you replace the background?

Cheers,
Don
No background replacement, just cloned out the stem at the bottom of the image.

T

thearne3

Greetings All!

This is my first week with the E-P1 and I am loving it! In addition to the kit zoom, I am enjoying 3 recently acquired hexanon lenses (135 f3.2, 57 f1.4 and 40 f1.8) with Konica adapter. Here are some photos from the week....all local to the Ridgefield CT area...all jpgs minimal PP. Comments welcome!

Tom

14-42 zoom at iso 400:

zoom at iso 200:

135mm at iso 400 (cropped)

40mm w/Art BW:

zoom at 42mm iso 200 at 1/50th:

57mm at iso 200 1/4 sec:

zoom at iso 400:

57mm at iso 200:

The following shots are of a Pierce Arrow Phaeton circa 1930 using the hexanon 57mm at iso 200:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TCWQLtc_9Zk/S...IVFXp8/s800/20090804_13-54-13 - Version 2.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TCWQLtc_9Zk/S...k2hvVc/s800/20090804_13-56-24 - Version 2.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_TCWQLtc_9Zk/S...HI_ij8/s800/20090804_13-57-56 - Version 2.jpg

Last edited:
T

thearne3

I"m partial to the second one. It has a yin/yang thing going on with the lighting.
Hmmm... You're right, didn't 'see' that until you pointed it out! I also didn't realize when taking the photos that the DOF was less than 1". Oh well, live and learn...

Tom

nostatic

Hmmm... You're right, didn't 'see' that until you pointed it out! I also didn't realize when taking the photos that the DOF was less than 1". Oh well, live and learn...

Tom
I wouldn't change a thing - if you went deeper you'd lose the way the background diffuses and probably much with the very cool gray/green colors on the right. I like that image a lot...

durrIII

Well, I learned a big lesson today about the E-P1, MF lens, lots of light and (2) 1 year olds playing in a fountain. DON'T TRY IT. All I could do was hit and miss without a VF and AF. Got maybe 10%, but they were pretty good. I'm used to getting 50-60% with DSLR. Live and learn means that I have a lot to learn about using the E-P1 for children candids. If anyone have any tips, let's hear them. With a 1 year old granddaughter, I will be doing this quite often. THANKS. Durr

Terry

If you have LOTS of light you should be able to maintain a pretty high shutter speed even stopped down. If you are stopped down you should have enough DOF to be able to zone focus and get the kids in focus. Probably takes some practice but you can try first on non moving objects just to make sure what you want is in focus without focussing on it.

durrIII

If you have LOTS of light you should be able to maintain a pretty high shutter speed even stopped down. If you are stopped down you should have enough DOF to be able to zone focus and get the kids in focus. Probably takes some practice but you can try first on non moving objects just to make sure what you want is in focus without focussing on it.
Thanks Terry. I agree, but with two Mothers and One GrandMother yelling orders, It was hard to focus (pun intended!). I will do better next time. I got a few keepers by accident. Still love the little camera tho'.

Durr

scho

Three from an afternoon walk around town with the E-P1+kit lens:

Peaceful study spot

The latest hybrid vehicle

Music on the lake