The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RJ camera FD adaptor review

Diane B

Thanks Pellicle. Interesting--I liked the point you made about extension tubes as that's a PITA. I have the Cameraquest/Rayqual FD adaptor BTW.

Diane

Leica 77

Hello Diane B and Pellicle,

R.J. in Shanghai just asked me to post the following message on his behalf:

"I made quite a few new G1 adapters now... and working on a few last 'stronghold' :) (Contax G to m4/3 and Nikon S / Contax RF to m4/3 etc...)

for the FD-G1 adapter... I was not aware of this blog... (although I provided a sample to Chris :)

the infinity issue could be solved by simply tightening the 3 small (philips?) screws on the lens side of the adapter... You should be able to tighten them by 3/4 to 1 turns... (note it's important to tighten all of the 3)... and that should make the difference...

Actually, I have difficulty to access that blog page... can you post this comment for me, Dr. :)

Thanks again...

best,

R.J."

pellicle

Hi

Hello Diane B and Pellicle,

R.J. in Shanghai just asked me to post the following message on his behalf:

"I made quite a few new G1 adapters now... and working on a few last 'stronghold' :) (Contax G to m4/3 and Nikon S / Contax RF to m4/3 etc...)

for the FD-G1 adapter... I was not aware of this blog... (although I provided a sample to Chris :)
odd that he would say that, as I when I asked if he would be so kind as to supply me one for testing I specifically asked with the expressed intention of putting it on my blog. I also offered to pay for return postage as well as to fully credit his kindness on my blog (which I have).

Further I have communicated with Jin about this and even posted PDF's of him when he has suggested the that he could not read the blog (perhaps due to the great [fire]wall of china)

I've had email from Jin this morning about the blog and he's asked me the same thing. I'll give it a go straight after lunch.

pellicle

ok ... I've added some post scriptum to publish the findings from checking the adaptor for tightness as asked for by Jin

however I would like to respond to the comments above by adding that I have not been given this adaptor as a gift. I accept no payments and in fact I will be paying the postage to return the adaptor.

Jin's investment in this was the price of the postage in loaning me the adaptor and his trust that I will not steal or damage it. In return I promised to credit his kindness.

In no way do I intentionally bias what I write to satisfy anyone. I try my best to impartially and objectively write what I see.

Further, my blog has no advertising on it (although doubtlessly I could benefit from using google ads) because I wish to be seen to be publishing my own views truthfully and not be seen as a mouth piece of advertisers.

In future I'll just buy one and not have anyone make oblique accusations at me.