The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ringflash and ringlight

hot

I'm using since long time (only when necessary!) ringflash/-light for all my cameras. Price (each) ~ $ 90

The ringflash uses 4 AA batteries, the ringlight (with 12 LEDs, even with 16 LEDs available) has LiION and is smaller - with this ringlight "you see what you get" and is full usable with all automatic modes.

Also usable with macro video !

test picture with ringflash

same picture without flash

V

Vivek

I have that ring flash for Nikon. It is OK (exposures can be iffy sometimes, for no particular reasons).

I would be interested in some samples taken with the ringlight. Particularly if the color balancing would be acceptable. TIA.

JerryMK

Hi @hot, I am interested in what version of that ring flash you are using Nikon, Canon, Etc. because of the compatibibility. And can you share more info about the usage? Can you do manual settings for the flash amount?

hot

It's a "Canon-version", but I make macros manually - distance, aperture, time, flash ...

-------------------------

ringlight (backside)

pictures (full darkness, only ringlight)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Thanks for the samples.

This ringlight still is a bit "cold" (blueish), it seems.