The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best M-adapter and why?

durrIII

Please advise to which Leica M adapter to get to use with E-P1 or GH1 and why. I have a 35 Cron and a 50 Lux. Also, which VF would work for both the 50 and the 35? Thanks to all.

Last edited:

monza

All the current adapters are of good quality, the Rayqual and Voigtlander stand out as the best quality machining.

durrIII

Thank you. i have used Stephen at CamerQuest before so I think I will try the Voigtlander as well as a 75mm VF for my 35 & 50.

RonSmith

Panasonic will be selling M and R leica adapters soon. I'll wait for them if I were you.
Although I haven't seen any information on when those will become available, Panasonic's adapters look very similar to the Voigtlander. Might, in fact, be the same thing.

henningw

The Panasonic adapters are available now (at least in Hong Kong) and I've just ordered some. On the advice of someone I trust and who has used the various ones, including the Voigtlander and (pre-Voiglander) Cameraquest ones, those are apparently the best. No binding, no uneveness of any sort or any other issues.

Henning

JMaher

How do the Panasonic adapter compare in price? Are they more or less than the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter?

Jim

D

daggerlee

Has anybody tried Hawkpeng's L(M) adapter? From what I've read on here, it seems RJ's focuses slightly past infinity, while the Voigtlander and Rayqual focus on infinity...

D

daggerlee

I'm using the Voigtlander M->m4/3 adapter, together with a Voigtlander LTM->M (28, 90mm) adapter. I'm using a Voigtlander 12mm. When everything's attached, the red dot on the Voigtlander M->m4/3 adapter lines up perfectly with the E-P1.

The white dot on the 12mm is a little off center though - a little bit to the right of the red dot. Seems to focus to infinity, though.

To those with Voigtlander adapters and using Voigtlander lenses - do your white dots line up with your red dots?

O

OzRay

I've got two Voitlander adapters, VM to m4/3s and Nikon F to m4/3s, and both are of excellent quality. The only thing that I don't like about the Voitlander adapters is that they don't come with proper end caps, just a cheap and nasty slip-on, soft-plastic cap.

Now where can one find good lens and body caps for m4/3s?

Cheers

Ray

D

daggerlee

Agree about the cheap slip on caps. I gave my lens a harder turn today and it seemed to line up properly.

I believe one of the eBay vendors (jinfinance maybe?) sells end caps. :)

henningw

How do the Panasonic adapter compare in price? Are they more or less than the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter?

Jim
I got mine for $1600HK, which works out today at about $207US. After comparing them (M and R) to the Voigtlander M adapter, I would have to say that the Panasonic ones are the nicest. They look very 'Leica-like' in all their details. Fit and finish are excellent.

Henning