The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aadapter = Pentax K to m4/3

Martin S

Novoflex lists this adapter. Does anyone know if it really exists, and is shipping??

Also. any suggestions as to retailers in the U.S. (B&H doesn't list this adapter)

Thanks.

Martin

monza

Novoflex is seriously overpriced in the US. I have their retail pricing sheet, the M adapter is over $300, the Pentax K is probably in the same range. This is why no one carries them.

sc_john

Yes. Go the the main page for 4/3 Thread on getdpi forum. Go to the first entry... a sticky with detailed list of adapter alternatives.

John

Godfrey

Who would you suggest for that adapter??
... referring to Pentax K to micro-FourThirds adaptation ...

I'd stack a fotodiox Pentax K to FourThirds SLR adapter ($30) on a jinfinance FourThirds to micro-FourThirds dumb adapter ($79). Net price is about $110, and you could then buy any number of inexpensive "x-mount" to FourThirds adapters to use with it for all manual lenses.

If you also want to be able to use Olympus or Panasonic/Leica FourThirds SLR lenses, it's better to pay the extra money and buy the Olympus/Panasonic FourThirds to micro-FourThirds adapter.

Martin S

Thanks to you all for the recommendations.

Godfrey, I emailed fotodiox to get a quote on the Pentax K to 4/3, or micro 4/3 adapter.

Do they make them here in the U.S., or are they asian imports??

Thanks again.

Martin

Godfrey

... I emailed fotodiox to get a quote on the Pentax K to 4/3, or micro 4/3 adapter.
Do they make them here in the U.S., or are they asian imports??
I believe they're manufactured in China or Taiwan. Don't know what's up with Ebay because I can't seem to find either fotodiox.com or cirrus on a 'search by seller' basis, but if you do a search for items using "Pentax PK lens to Olympus 4/3", you'll find a bunch of adapters from a variety of vendors.

Amazon.com is carrying a Fotodiox storefront too:
www.amazon.com/.../Fotodiox Pentax K to Olympus 4/3. They're listed at $29.95.

CameraQuest.com also sells PK mount to FourThirds lens adapters, very nice quality ones, but he gets $175 for them. I believe he sells the RayQual or Cirrus adapters.