The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best way to use ZF / Nikon manual lenses on E-P1?

peterm1

Hello. I just bought the E-P1 and would love to use my Zeiss ZF Nikon-mount and some manual Nikon lenses on it. I could get the Panasonic 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter, and then a Nikon to 4/3 adapter, or on ebay people are selling Nikon to micro 4/3 adapters, but I haven't seen any reports on how well these work.

Can anyone using ZF or Nikon manual lenses on the E-P1 report on their experience and the adapters they are using?

I am thinking it may be best to go the Panasonic 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter route so I can also use 4/3 lenses if I want.

Anyone use the Fotodiox Nikon to 4/3 adapter? It is cheap ($30), especially compared to the Cameraquest adapter.

Thanks!

Peter

f6cvalkyrie

Hi Peter,

I'm using the setup with the fotodiox Nikon to 4/3 adaptor all the time, when I use my Nikon glass.

So far, no problem at all !!

C U,
happy user Rafael

peterm1

Great - thanks! I ordered the Fotodiox adapter, as well as the Panasonic 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter, so I should be ready to go by Monday. I can't wait to try my ZF and Nikon manual lenses on it.