The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

30mm F1.4 on micro 4/3?

Rawfa

Has anyone tried the Sigma 30mm F1.4 four thirds mount on the G1, GH1 or E-P1? I'm looking for a low light and shallow dof lens and this really got my attention. Does anyone know if it would autofocus with the adapter to micro four thirds?
On the other hand this lens is really big to be using with the E-P1...but I cannot seem to find anything smaller with a similar fov and speed.

hot

I'm also interested in Sigma 30mm ... reviews for mFT welcome :)

f.e. my Sigma 105macro for Olympus does not autofocus with mFT

Rawfa

I've read on the Panasonic website that this 30mm won't autofocus with the G1 or the GH1 (probably the same for the E-P1).

To be honest what i'm really looking for is a fast lens (at least f2.0) that is equivalent to a 60mm or less (50mm would be ideal). I was looking into 24mm ebcause 48mm on a micro 4/3 would not be bad at all, but I couldn't find anything fast that ins't too big or too expensive. Anything bellow 60mm and f2.0 that isn't huse or too expensive would suit me.

hot

Sigma 50mm / 1:1.4 has same price like 30mm, but it's larger and heavier - and with 100mm "a short tele"

I would prefer the older 30 mm :)

30 mm 76.6x59mm • 430g - filter 62mm
50 mm 84.5x68.2mm • 505g - filter 77mm

Last edited:

Diane B

Hah--someone looking for what I just posted as sort of my lens 'wish list' for m4/3rds. I'd like something in range of 24-28mm---to use without adaptor and AF would be super. There isn't anything except the Oly 25 f/1.4 that I know about. That lens is fairly expensive and really heavier than I want for the m4/3rds--wonderful lens it appears, but, like the 30--just too big.

Diane

V

Vivek

There are plenty of fast c-mount 25mm lenses out there.

My Computar-TV 25/1.3 (really f/1.3!) is ~100gms with the adapter. Filter size is 40.5mm.

The Sigma 30/1.4 is HUGE and has a filter thread of 62mm.:eek:

Diane B

@Diane - Olympus? Do you mean Panaleica 25mm 1:1.4 ?
Yes, not Oly LOL. I love the results from this lens but its not in my budget for the G1---and its larger than I plan to put on an m4/3rds body.

I have other fast lenses in that range--but I'm speaking of one with AF--and smaller--or smaller than the Pana/leica anyhow. The future 20 f/1.7 will be nice--but still wider than I want for this particular lens. Guess I'll stick with my FDs and Hexanon for now.

Diane