The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

AFocus...not the best?

Rawfa

I've noticed that many photos are getting out of focus with the autofocus, even at high shutter speeds. Is there any firmware update to fix this? My image stabilizer is set to off.

Terry

Can you manually focus to know you don't have a lens problem?
You don't by chance have a soft focus art filter on?

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I've noticed that many photos are getting out of focus with the autofocus, even at high shutter speeds. Is there any firmware update to fix this? My image stabilizer is set to off.
It might help if you mention what camera you are using.

Rawfa

Oh, sorry. I'm using the E-P1. I'm not using any art filter and I am able to properly focus manually. Just in case I've set the image stabilizer on (I.S. 1).

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
OK, there is no recent firmware for the EP-1 that I know of, beyond version 1.0.

You might try with a tripod, to eliminate the variable of camera movement, to see if that's causing the problem. Also, try setting your focus point to just the center point/box, and focus on a particular item, and see how that works.

Are you having this problem with all lenses, or just a single lens? If it's just a single lens, it might be a faulty lens.