The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 RAW doesn't play well with ACR

simonclivehughes

Well, I just got back from a morning's shooting with my new GH1 and ACR can't open the files, even though it is an "RW2" file like the G1. That's a nuisance! I'm surprised I haven't heard this before.

So far, I'm finding that I'm not getting anywhere near the focussed shots I do with my G1's. I'm pretty sure that I've got things set the same as the G1, but there's a significant number of OOF shots. The video (just handheld snippets, so far) all seems well focussed, so possible it's something I'm doing. I'm shooting in A mode, and then using the thumb video button to trigger video capture, so pretty much on automatic.

Cheers,

Terry

I didn't think there was a RAW support update for it yet.
Do you have a G1 or lenses? Can you put the 14-45 on the GH1 to see if it is an AF or lens problem. Conversely can you put the 14-140 on the G1? Early on I read a couple of posts at DPreview where it seemed like focus was behind the point they were focused on but I haven't heard anything recently.

simonclivehughes

Terry,

Actually, I just checked and updated to ACR5.4 and it does read the GH1 RAW files.

Re the AF issues, I've got two G1s and I can easily check that. SOme of the images are focussed so at best it's intermittent (just like me).

Cheers,

simonclivehughes

In looking a little closer at the images that were bad, it has to be motion blur as I was shooting wide open at f4 and there is no part of the image from front to back that has a plane of focus, it's uniformly blurred. I'm not sure why this is because it was very bright out and I had OIS turned on.

Cheers,